• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone heard of Rocky Road Outfitters?

I ordered an adjustable trac bar, and their 2 inch budjet boost from them. Didnt really have any problems with the equipment, but took them forever to send the shipment. And ill tell ya, stacking the spacers on top of lift springs was a bitch with no spring compresser :)

Yeah their reputation is for horrible customer service!

Thanks guys.. Just got done reading what everyone had to say and, Wow! I may try to find the same bargain somewhere else. Any ideas? I'm lookin for a 4 - 4.5" Kit.

Thanks guys.. Just got done reading what everyone had to say and, Wow! I may try to find the same bargain somewhere else. Any ideas? I'm lookin for a 4 - 4.5" Kit.

lots to choose from, keep reading(searching) as many old posts as possible.

just remember, you get what you pay for.

I find their position on upgraded control arms a bit peculiar:

No hocus pocus parts that are unnecessary (such as control arms). Just the required components to make your Jeep ride better than stock, be stable on the interstate at 80mph, and offroad performance. Most suspension manufacturers don't like this information to be known... but Jeep engineered the Cherokee to be lifted. They knew we would be coming along craving more elevation and designed the front control arm mounting system with enough adjustability to accommodate up to 5" of lift with the stock control arms. You can pay more for some if you want to throw away money, but the bottom line is that they are not needed and the stock arms do excellent.

http://www.rocky-road.com/xjtrailblazer.html

No hocus pocus parts that are unnecessary (such as control arms). Just the required components to make your Jeep ride better than stock, be stable on the interstate at 80mph, and offroad performance. Most suspension manufacturers don't like this information to be known... but Jeep engineered the Cherokee to be lifted. They knew we would be coming along craving more elevation and designed the front control arm mounting system with enough adjustability to accommodate up to 5" of lift with the stock control arms. You can pay more for some if you want to throw away money, but the bottom line is that they are not needed and the stock arms do excellent.

wow, now thats unbelieveable.

:eek::gee:

Bought my lockers from them two years ago no problems and /or issues.....

Nick

I would check out

Fullsizexj
DPG
Jeepinoutfitters.

You can't go wrong with any of those.

their website is good for a laugh.

seems like they talk down every other suspension manufacturer saying their products are a waste of money and do nothing.

"longarms are dangerous if you drive on the street" for example

Yeah, their site attitude and (I've heard) customer service all suck.
But since I live 20 minutes from their shop, I might be able to avoid all that.
How are their products? Quality / strength / fit & function?

The stuff they dont manufacture in-house would definitely be alright. In that case they are just third party. I own their Bar Pin Eliminators, which they make, and they are pretty heavy duty, 3/8 steel with good looking welds. I, personally havent had many negative experiences with their customer service. Me and one of the salesman (the one that drives an XJ) talked about 6in lifts for an hour one day. He was cool. The guy I talked to last about my quick disconnects was kind of lazy but still gave me what I needed. They are pretty informed and test a bunch of things, they may be opinionated, but most of the people here are too. I would check out some small stuff first, like BPEs and see what your experience is and then go from there. You dont have to beleive everything they say, just buy what you know will work. Hope that helps - good luck.

Back