• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone done a Ford 8.8 install?

When I built my 8.8 I used the Superior c clip eliminator and was very impressed with the quality and it spaces the 8.8 to stock width.

wishihad1 said:
97+ have disk brakes. and ive done it to mine, and its been great. im running it with 3:55s on 35s, and been pretty hard on it with a locker and nothing has broken yet. when i regear to 5:13 over christmas break im going to 37s, and im still not really worried about it. it stops better, and is a little stronger then the 44. and can be beefed up considerably with 33 spline shafts

5:13? What front axle do you have?

So has anyone welded up the brackets with a 110v machine, or all 220v big welders? My 8.8 is all tacked up with my hobart 135 and I'm wondering if I should wait to weld it with a friends miller 250, or just finish with the 135, & .035 flux core.

Thanks

purely for the principle of it, I'd use the 220V... just for a security blanket...

hhhmm glad you dug this up. So its confirmed the superior c-clip elim spaces the axle? How many inches. Thanks if anyone is running this. I wish yards round here had em for 50 bucks!

You get new stronger axles with dual bolt patterns...and a whole new bearing support arrangement...and it supposedly takes the width out to stock xj width...there is a whole writeup on their site...or you can look it up and link at summit racing....it takes a little fiddling around to do since you eliminate the stock needle bearings and a bolt on housing with 9" type bearings bolts on.

RyanM said:
hhhmm glad you dug this up. So its confirmed the superior c-clip elim spaces the axle? How many inches. Thanks if anyone is running this. I wish yards round here had em for 50 bucks!

i believe the 8.8" is 5/8" shorter then stock. the C-clip eliminator spaces it out that much, so 5/8".

someone asked in the beginning of the thread if anyone used a different proportioning valve...i use one out of a ZJ with rear discs. i got it from www.firstclass4x4.com for 35 bucks or so shipped to my door. works great and the tires lock up perfectly when needed.

Back