• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody know anything about the GMC Acadia's

Seeing many threads like this I've realized that it doesn't pay to be brand loyal nowadays. Seems like every company now has models that have many issues and some that have very few. I'd say get her a Honda Pilot. They haul kids and have 4wd. They are pretty nice.

Seeing many threads like this I've realized that it doesn't pay to be brand loyal nowadays. Seems like every company now has models that have many issues and some that have very few. I'd say get her a Honda Pilot. They haul kids and have 4wd. They are pretty nice.

They are uglier than you though!! ;)

I'm not brand loyal at all, If it looks cool and has a good rep then I like it. You don't see 9 bazillion Yukons and tahoes on the road because they suck.

They are uglier than you though!! ;)

I'm not brand loyal at all, If it looks cool and has a good rep then I like it. You don't see 9 bazillion Yukons and tahoes on the road because they suck.

Eh, I've seen uglier(You and the new Cherokee :D). I bet that Honda will run better than and far longer than an Acadia. It also has third row seating and good options at a reasonable price. Or you can just get the HK special with a Hemi! :D

dad's pilot has been flawless. It's an 06 with 150k+ miles. It has a proper "low range" 4wd mode and is one of the few electronic 4wd systems that I didn't immediately hate when I drove it. Decent mileage on the highway, so so for short trips. Worth paying someone to do the timing belt.

they need regular transmission maintenance and a cooler added if they are going to last.
an external trans filter is not a bad idea either, as there really isn't one internally.
rated to tow 5k, but I wouldn't. Handles small boat/utility trailer fine though/

I'll back the pilot over many of the domestic choices listed so far, they seemed very good when I worked at the Honda dealership. They are built in Alabama and actually pretty American, I have a couple friends that work at the plant as line engineers.

That is a requirement. With three kids, I want the space.

Oddly enough I rode in an Acadia today. Had an interview for a job and they took me to lunch afterwords. Good riding vehicle and plenty of room, but it was not liking the cold temps here today. Trans was shifting rather rough, and it only had 30K on it.

I liked how the 2nd row was captains chairs, but they either need to be higher, or the floor lower. I felt like my knees were at the same level as my chin the entire time.

You are missing one heck of a good truck ruling the v-10 Excursion out.

mac '44 gallon tank backs up the 12mpg' gyvr

throw me 16K and you can drive off in the Denali.

WF delivery available :D

dad's pilot has been flawless. It's an 06 with 150k+ miles. It has a proper "low range" 4wd mode and is one of the few electronic 4wd systems that I didn't immediately hate when I drove it. Decent mileage on the highway, so so for short trips. Worth paying someone to do the timing belt.

they need regular transmission maintenance and a cooler added if they are going to last.
an external trans filter is not a bad idea either, as there really isn't one internally.
rated to tow 5k, but I wouldn't. Handles small boat/utility trailer fine though/

I wasn't aware of the transmission worries on the Pilot. I also had no idea it had low range.

The whole tranny thing scares me!!! Those suckers arent cheap!!! .

A good tranny will cost ya some $$$, but they can pass for a chick hands down. Wait, are we talking about the same thing here?

Cheese "Adams apple?" Man

I wasn't aware of the transmission worries on the Pilot. I also had no idea it had low range.

it doesn't really.

it's just a button that locks the center diff and keeps it in first.

transmission is a close kin to all of those in the v6 odysseys. There were recalls.

Halve the maintenance interval on the fluid, only use the Honda fluid and stick a cooler on it and it's fine.

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/01/08/honda-transmission-problems-seem-to-persist/?_r=0

Back