• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody know anything about the GMC Acadia's

kmanxj5050

NAXJA Forum User
We are looking at replacing the wife's XJ with a larger vehicle come spring time, before baby #3 arrives. We had our minds set on a 03-06 Yukon/Tahoe but I came across these Acadias/Traverses and we like the size and looks. They are more of a van than a truck like the Tahoe but they are AWD and have V6 (wouldn't mind the little better MPG).

A much newer one can be had for much cheaper than a Yukon, for obvious reasons. I've found some 2009-2011 for 10-12k. Just curious if anybody has owned one or knows of anybody that has.

My step mom has one, I believe it is a 2011. Zero problems and she has well over 150K on hers from business travel. They are roomy inside and will suprise you on how comfortable they are in the back seats. In the words of my dad, "That sumbitch is a nice rig, it only take gas, oil changes and tires to keep it on the road".

Cheese "Would sell you a sweet Yukon Denali!" Man

My step mom has one, I believe it is a 2011. Zero problems and she has well over 150K on hers from business travel. They are roomy inside and will suprise you on how comfortable they are in the back seats. In the words of my dad, "That sumbitch is a nice rig, it only take gas, oil changes and tires to keep it on the road".

Cheese "Would sell you a sweet Yukon Denali!" Man

Good to hear thanks.

If your selling the Denali for Acadia price, PM me.

They can have timing chain problems and transmission problems. We just did two trans jobs on Acadias last month and the trans were on national backorder for a time. Certain years also have a buttload of recalls. Just food for thought from the service side of things.

No equinoxes. Not big enough.

How many miles were on those Anthony? What years?

I did a little research and found 07 and 08's to have the most recalls.

a friend has one. It is a POS that she regrets buying. Wishes she'd kept her pontiac vibe (which was really just a toyota)

It's had three ac evaporators, which is apparently a common issue.

It randomly freaks out electrically cause it's a modern GM with RAP and a BCM that controls errry damned thing.
and it's started slipping the trans, so it's probably gonna get one of those on GM's dime too. It's 4 years old and has 60k miles. She drives it 10 miles a day in the city to the school she works at.

The one thing that I did not like about the Acadia that we had was that it did not come with a spare wheel/tire, only a little air pump and a can of fix a flat, oh yeah and a phone number for roadside assistance!!!! Found that out the hard way on the interstate after my tire blew out!!! Some come with a spare some dont so I would check just FYI.

a friend has one. It is a POS that she regrets buying. Wishes she'd kept her pontiac vibe (which was really just a toyota)

It's had three ac evaporators, which is apparently a common issue.

It randomly freaks out electrically cause it's a modern GM with RAP and a BCM that controls errry damned thing.
and it's started slipping the trans, so it's probably gonna get one of those on GM's dime too. It's 4 years old and has 60k miles. She drives it 10 miles a day in the city to the school she works at.

This sucks. I was afraid of a story like this, but it seems that these days it is hard to find a vehicle that doesn't have horror stories. One more reason to stick with older vehicles.

The one thing that I did not like about the Acadia that we had was that it did not come with a spare wheel/tire, only a little air pump and a can of fix a flat, oh yeah and a phone number for roadside assistance!!!! Found that out the hard way on the interstate after my tire blew out!!! Some come with a spare some dont so I would check just FYI.

That's just plain silly, BUT now a days most people don't even know how to change one so I can see the justification of not taking up space with one.

I have driven multiple ford escapes and explorers (the newest models) explorer was nicer overall but more expensive and I actaully really like them. The one Newer GMC Acadia I rented was nice too.

I get a lot of rental cars (mostly main stream rental cars) let me know if you want an opinion on any of them, haha

I know a guy who's wife has an Acadia and it's a border-line pile. Tons of nickle and dime stuff like blowing headlight bulbs 3x a year, random roof water leaks, plus needing a new transmission. I'm not sure what year it is. It was under warranty for all the trans replacement and new headliner due to leaks.

I have driven multiple ford escapes and explorers (the newest models) explorer was nicer overall but more expensive and I actaully really like them. The one Newer GMC Acadia I rented was nice too.

I get a lot of rental cars (mostly main stream rental cars) let me know if you want an opinion on any of them, haha

If you ever get a chance to get in a Ford Edge, I recommend it. Especially the Limited model (V6 & AWD). I was very impressed by it. Probably one of my top 3 favorite rental cars. Very roomy and nicer on the wallet than the Explorer (which is also nice). Had an Expedition not too long ago. In CA. 400 miles yielded $90 in fuel. I was kind of surprised they still made them to be honest.

I too had a Traverse as a rental about 2 months ago. I was pleasently surprised by it. Much better in terms of interior quality than any GM i've sat in/drove in the last 5-7 years, and it did have a pretty throaty V6. There was still something about it though that just didn't feel right. Didn't feel like it would last, and from what people are apparently saying, that might be the case.

I rent cars on a weekly basis and Top Gear UK is one of my favorite TV shows, so I tend to put my rental cars through their paces :D

I can't remember to be honest.

I want to say no as I don't think there's enough room for one.

Back