• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any reason NOT to buy a right hand drive Cherokee?

Illeagle

NAXJA Forum User
I was just looking for some advice. Are Cherokee's set up with right hand drive a bad idea?

Personally I think it would be kinda cool to have one just a little bit different than everyone else's but am I asking for a can of worms?

Im ASSuming the suspension is all the same but is the steering just mirrored to the other side but still using the same components? If I go to buy a lift are all the steering components going to be compatible?

Any advice would be great if you have experience with one but Im not really looking for "opinions". (No offense) :D

I think the RHD ones come with a belt tensioner... major upgrade! LOL.

Also, there's the shock value... have your passenger pretend to "fall asleep at the wheel" or be reading while you drive down the freeway =)

My friend Julio down here has one; PM me if you want me to put you in touch with him. His wife Corina is an expert at startling the unaware...

I think the RHD ones come with a belt tensioner... major upgrade! LOL.

Also, there's the shock value... have your passenger pretend to "fall asleep at the wheel" or be reading while you drive down the freeway =)

My friend Julio down here has one; PM me if you want me to put you in touch with him. His wife Corina is an expert at startling the unaware...

Another one to try. Give your passenger another steering wheel. Get the attention from a driver beside him and let your passenger pretend to steer fast into his lane. Tons of fun. :roflmao::moon:

Dunno - I'd like to have one!

(I'd also like to get a Dispatcher, convert it to 4WD with a Muncie four-speed, and put Lightning Rods, a D300 Twin-Stick, and lever-selectable lockers fore & aft. I could leave the keys in the thing and it wouldn't go anywhere - who'd want to drive a truck that had the steering wheel on the wrong side, and eight or so shifters sticking up through the tunnel?

Parts would make it a hastle, sure some swap over, but many do not.

All to be 'differant', which really isnt any differant at all.....

I'd pass.

We ordered a full traction kit, and it mistakenly came with a right hand drive track bar mount, so I guess parts can't be all that hard to come across!

they suck to build. everything is a hassle on the front end. Steering boxes? good luck. over the knuckle steering would suck too, no room for a good axle side track bar bracket. it also SUCKS spotting for someone wheeling a rhd jeep.

Nah, it's easy spotting for a RHD Jeep. You just have to point.

IMG_0340.jpg

they suck to build. everything is a hassle on the front end. Steering boxes? good luck. over the knuckle steering would suck too, no room for a good axle side track bar bracket. it also SUCKS spotting for someone wheeling a rhd jeep.

cool thanks man thats what I was lookin for.

but for some reason Im still thinkin about it. LOL.

otk suck? well ass all youd have to do is toss on a lhd draglink and drill/ream your tie rod....

If you are left handed you better not buy a right hand drive XJ….

LOL. Ok. I did think it was funny when I first typed it.

Back