• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another TW DS falls apart

rockwerks

NAXJA Forum User
This is the second I have seen in recent months. it might be a quality control problem, If I owned a Woods shaft Id definatlely have it rewelded.

IMG_3289.jpg

you can see in this pic that there was absolutely no penetration on the weld. and rust on the mating surfaces.

Just a heads up. this is not a good situation

be safe

Was this your shaft?

I'd talk to Tom about it. I'm sure he'll want to know if one of his employees isn't doing a good job.

QC issues are something to be dealt with in all companies, but nobody can expect the problem to get any better if the company is never notified of it.

Wow, first time I've seen that. All of my customers get TW shafts and I've had only very minor issues. I've no worries that Tom will take care of it and get to the heart of the matter. :)

ITs not mine, the owner will call em on Monday. but I have seen it happed 2 times in less than 30 days. It's more a heads up than anything.

The other the guy had fixed so he could finish his weekend.

dirtybird said:
must have been made on a monday
And you obviously have never had any experience with TW products... :rolleyes:

Tom Woods stands by their customer's satisfaction - the fact that the OP has had problems twice is best described as a fluke.

But... you have to call him first to get it corrected.

rockwerks said:
ITs not mine, the owner will call em on Monday. but I have seen it happed 2 times in less than 30 days.

Sounds like an employee needs to get his ass in line if he hasn't already been canned. ;)

Sniggs said:
And you obviously have never had any experience with TW products.

actually i have they build a quality product but obviusly someone dropped the ball on this one here it would not keep me from buying another TW shaft at all 6 states on the other hand builds crappy shafts and i wouod never again darken there doorway hopefully tom will get to the bottom of this and see that it doesnt happen again lighten up skippy it was a joke

Sniggs said:
And you obviously have never had any experience with TW products... :rolleyes:

Tom Woods stands by their customer's satisfaction - the fact that the OP has had problems twice is best described as a fluke.

But... you have to call him first to get it corrected.
X2. I have personaly stood in his shop and watched him make shafts on several occasions. Qualitly is their trade.

I know Tom would fix that problem no questions asked.

It may originally have been built by TW,but lt has been modified.1-TW doesnt normally put the slip-yoke at the TC end.2-Look at the added 1.5" and the quality difference of the 2 welds!
IMG_3289.jpg

RCP Phx said:
It may originally have been built by TW,but lt has been modified.1-TW doesnt normally put the slip-yoke at the TC end.2-Look at the added 1.5" and the quality difference of the 2 welds!
IMG_3289.jpg

There is no slip yoke on that shaft!

Phil said:
There is no slip yoke on that shaft!

the picture shows it and my tw shaft has the slip yoke closer to the axle end. I have never seen one that close to the tc.

MrShaft696 said:
the picture shows it and my tw shaft has the slip yoke closer to the axle end. I have never seen one that close to the tc.

Are you sure it doesn't have a fixed yoke and a slip shaft?

ECKSJAY said:
The end that slips is still called a slip yoke. :) That case just has a fixed output.

I guess it would be better to call it a slip joint or something

RCP Phx said:
IMG_3289.jpg

Maybe look a little closer. ;)

The slip shaft will be that close to the T-case when it's on a SWB Jeep. Looks like the rear shaft on a TJ(maybe YJ) to me.

Back