• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

all u junkyard dogs

Kejtar said:
If you bust a shaft on a c clip axle and got no spare it IS a problem!

and so on say a D44 or even D60, if you bearak a axle you think your going to make it any further then a C-style??? Maybe 100 ft more? you ever seen what a broken shaft end does to the inside on a axle tube if you try to keep the veh moving after snaping, That is of course untill the retaining collar on the axle shaft gets pull down the shaft and it starts to Chew the crap out of the brake shoes on the drums, as the axle comes out of the tube.

Now a 8.8 snaps a axle and it too is still moving and again chewing up the inside tube while the calliper is being forced to keep that axle in the tube. After again a short distance it too is fubaring the brakes and the housing.

Now does it really matter!?

Ok lets take full floater! thats where when you compare, you can use the disatvantage of c-clips or retaining plates.... Kinda like this.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-IMCA-Modified-9-Ford-Floater-Rear-End-dirt-track_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ107061QQitemZ4600442793QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Last edited:
ROBERTK said:
and so on say a D44 or even D60, if you bearak a axle you think your going to make it any further then a C-style??? Maybe 100 ft more? you ever seen what a broken shaft end does to the inside on a axle tube if you try to keep the veh moving after snaping, That is of course untill the retaining collar on the axle shaft gets pull down the shaft and it starts to Chew the crap out of the brake shoes on the drums, as the axle comes out of the tube.

Now a 8.8 snaps a axle and it too is still moving and again chewing up the inside tube while the calliper is being forced to keep that axle in the tube. After again a short distance it too is fubaring the brakes and the housing.

Now does it really matter!?

Ok lets take full floater! thats where when you compare, you can use the disatvantage of c-clips or retaining plates....
Ummm what the hell are you talking about? WIth a D44 if you snap an axle shaft, you stop, remove the pieces and if you got no spares you run on a stub. If you snap an axle shaft on a c clip axle you have to build some funky jig so that the tire and the remainder of the shaft does not separate the vehicle.

Kejtar said:
Ummm what the hell are you talking about? WIth a D44 if you snap an axle shaft, you stop, remove the pieces and if you got no spares you run on a stub. If you snap an axle shaft on a c clip axle you have to build some funky jig so that the tire and the remainder of the shaft does not separate the vehicle.

so tell me what supports the inboard end of the broken D44 shaft once it no longer spans into the carrier??

ROBERTK said:
so tell me what supports the inboard end of the broken D44 shaft once it no longer spans into the carrier??
Nothing, it sits in a bearing which sits in a race and is pressed in by a retainer plate. Anyways dude, you're making it all complicated and it's simple:
you got a cclip axle and a busted shaft and no spares you're SOL for most part. If it doesn't have a c clip, you're ahead of the game. That doesn't mean ride on the freeway at 80mph, but it means that you can get off the trail and limp to town. I would agree that 8.8 has fairly strong shafts which means that breakage isn't necessarily too likely. But with that comes a price: few carry a spare axleshaft.
:hasta:

FYI.. dont know if its an option to ya

C O N T A C T I N F O R M A T I O N[size=-1]Phone[/size][size=-1](310) 925-9479 (Click this number to see what city you will be calling)[/size][size=-1]Additional Phone 2[/size][size=-1]( ) - (Click this number to see what city you will be calling)[/size]A D C O N T E N T[size=-1]Ad Type[/size][size=-1]FOR SALE [/size][size=-1]Price[/size][size=-1]$275.00[/size][size=-1]Ad Text[/size][size=-1]JEEP dana 44 rr end possie, complt w drums & cbls, shakel brkts, $275[/size]

Oh brother.

Junkyards are gay...

Unless they deliver. :D

--ron

PS: Seems like the mark up here for junk is going up. :D

Captain Ron said:
Junkyards are gay...

Those boat people are so snobby they won't even set foot in a junk yard :rolleyes:

Kejtar said:
Nothing, it sits in a bearing which sits in a race and is pressed in by a retainer plate. Anyways dude, you're making it all complicated and it's simple:
you got a cclip axle and a busted shaft and no spares you're SOL for most part. If it doesn't have a c clip, you're ahead of the game. That doesn't mean ride on the freeway at 80mph, but it means that you can get off the trail and limp to town. I would agree that 8.8 has fairly strong shafts which means that breakage isn't necessarily too likely. But with that comes a price: few carry a spare axleshaft.
::

Yes! Yes! Robert, Remi is correct.

Kejtar said:
I would agree that 8.8 has fairly strong shafts which means that breakage isn't necessarily too likely. But with that comes a price: few carry a spare axleshaft.
::

For those of you who know me and that have driven with me, all know I have put the 8.8 through its paces locked with an ARB and 35s.

Remi, Ron and the others, have to admit, that fawkin' axle has taken one hell of a beating!

Kejtar said:
yeah... but it's still gay and it sucks

You're lastara
:D

cracker said:
Those boat people are so snobby they won't even set foot in a junk yard :rolleyes:

Yes! Yes! Robert, Remi is correct.

For those of you who know me and that have driven with me, all know I have put the 8.8 through its paces locked with an ARB and 35s.

Remi, Ron and the others, have to admit, that fawkin' axle has taken one hell of a beating!

Hijackomatic.

Damn right. Junk yards are for junk, and the lame Ohs that think this forum is for those without a resale number on this board. Make a profit off wholesale for christ sakes. :D

Hey Wise Guy. :D I gotta fawkin 8.25, not shaved, that's seen trails your 8.8 hasn't. And you know that I'm throwing you major crap here Avery, because you are one of the very minor few that would show up where I do on a regular basis without the full build-up the cheaters have. :D

I got your 8.8 thread here. Need a shave?

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=72720&page=1&pp=15

Seriously, all you guys weeping and moaning over all this stuff...

I guess someday I'll see some of you folks on a really difficult trail, after your in the "Equipment will get you anywhere stage."

--ron

PS: Rick, you rock, crack head. :D

well I am on track to hopefully be able to hit the hammers again soon. I would love to follow anyone here and break what ever I got trying..

PS anyone ever wheel with the Tin Benders?? Now thats a challange.....

Captain Ron said:
Hijackomatic.

Damn right. Junk yards are for junk, and the lame Ohs that think this forum is for those without a resale number on this board. Make a profit off wholesale for christ sakes. :D

Hey Wise Guy. :D I gotta fawkin 8.25, not shaved, that's seen trails your 8.8 hasn't. And you know that I'm throwing you major crap here Avery, because you are one of the very minor few that would show up where I do on a regular basis without the full build-up the cheaters have. :D

I got your 8.8 thread here. Need a shave?

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=72720&page=1&pp=15

Seriously, all you guys weeping and moaning over all this stuff...

I guess someday I'll see some of you folks on a really difficult trail, after your in the "Equipment will get you anywhere stage."

--ron

PS: Rick, you rock, crack head. :D

Fiesty tonight aren't we :D

So, I must ask, who's junk are you workin on there?

Ready for an all nighter? I'll be right up with mine! :D

BTW what is your clearance on your XJ with 33s and the 8.25?

Last edited:
ROBERTK said:
well I am on track to hopefully be able to hit the hammers again soon. I would love to follow anyone here and break what ever I got trying..

PS anyone ever wheel with the Tin Benders?? Now thats a challange.....

Tim Bently?

He's a pussy compared to Remi!

You follow Tim and your bound for a smooth ride. You follow Remi and you get door damage :D

cracker said:
Tim Bently?

He's a pussy compared to Remi!

You follow Tim and your bound for a smooth ride. You follow Remi and you get door damage :D

Well thats good to know.. and I was refering to Todd from TB's

Back