• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

All Things Guns

I plan on going to a reflex and a magnifier someday, so these are just the $20 airsoft kind.

I'm sure they'll be fine for a while. If they break, I'm not out a lot of cash. If they hold up, they'll go on the .22AR I'll build for Harrison.

I'm gonna build an umbrella corp AR one of these days...

They were around before the RE craze, btw.

ucwrg.com
That is so sweet!! Also uber 'spensive.

If you hadn't said they were around before RE, I would have thought someone got smart and put the two together. Guess it was the same concept, just the other way around.

Sweet, what more needs said. I might have to go fondle my Colt for a while...................................................

I still need a barrel, bcg, charging handle, furniture, barrel and gas tube....I got the money for it but I'd rather go to Moab! :D

Bremen Castings Inc of Bremen, Indiana is now manufacturing AR lowers.

http://bcidefense.com/

Their price is quite steep, but it is a homegrown product for Indiana boys and girls.

Maybe their prices will drop after they've gotten a good amount of exposure. So I'll do that part at the least.

why does anyone NEED an at-15?
Because my R700 isn't a great weapon for CQB and my .40 only holds 14+1.

Justifiable enough? :D

If it ain't enough... Because zombies.

Working on an Israeli Galil. All of the features I love about an AK, but chambered in .223. The quality of it is amazing compared to an AK. Will get some pics up soon. Parts kits are starting to become available, but getting a receiver is tricky because they were all milled and you can't make your own like you can for an AK.

Cleaned my 10/22 today, but something happened during assembly with the trigger group. It would rack, but wouldn't dry fire. Then when trying to figure out if I did something to the trigger group, I ended up taking it all apart. Ran out of time, going to wait on a friend who has a 10/22 to help me to assemble it. If not, will try via youtube videos. Trying to go to a rimfire madness Saturday.

Galil

da6438dac8565bb3c1e5b64bc942cd99.jpg

d0a353ae97977f256d6df830fc106714.jpg

Galil looks pretty sweet!! That's something I'd like to shoot sometime. I like it in Black Ops II :dunno:

Got in a foregrip for the AR and swapped my sights around.

I would like to have my barrel shortened to have a 16" length with the flash hider pinned and welded, but my flash hider has a diameter larger than the .750 diameter of the gas block ID. I really like that flash hider and know I will eventually be going to the gas piston. Maybe after I get the piston on I can decide for certain if it won't ever change again and I can have the FH pinned and welded.

Or...what hoops do I have to jump through to have it registered as an SBR? Anybody? I'll be googling it now.

Looks like you fill out the form, pay $200 and get approval from Uncle Sam. I wonder if it's actually worth it.

Last edited:
Make it 16.25 and make sure the overall length is over 26" and you don't have to worry about it. I am 99% sure that as long as the flash hider is permanently mounted (welded) it counts towards barrel length.

96'has pistols longer then some rifles' 2door

My barrel is already 16".

Yes, a permanently mounted FH will count as barrel length. I'm just not sure I want to weld the FH quite yet.

Just get a pistol lower. I have shot a longer barrel with 3.5-10 leupy on my pistol lower, doesn't kick enough as a 223 to bite me. Thats my coyote hunting setup since with my cc permit in WI I don't have to unload it when getting in and out of a vehicle. Keeps the noise down

Back