• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

All Things Guns

A third shift coworker told me last week that cabelas had some 50 round boxes of 223 for $10.99. I ran over there the next morning and bought the five boxes I was allowed. It was brass cased and looks nice. Last night he came in and started telling me that someone at cabelas made a mistake and mispriced them, supposedly they paid 17.99 a box and were going to sell them for 20.99, he heard there were a ton of online orders too. I need to find more deals like that!

So I got a call from my wife's sister. She said her boyfriend wants the same kind of gun I have and asked what kind it was....I have never shown him my gun. And she is out shopping with my wife right now. I think I might be getting somekind of accessory for father's day

Like ^^^

Ordered some new glass Sat. Went with the Vortex Crossfire 2 6-8x44, percision vortex rings, and a 20 moa base. If anyone is in need of new optics I would highly recommend Alan from A&A Optics. He is located out of Richmond, IN too. Should be here Weds.

Ordered some new glass Sat. Went with the Vortex Crossfire 2 6-8x44, percision vortex rings, and a 20 moa base. If anyone is in need of new optics I would highly recommend Alan from A&A Optics. He is located out of Richmond, IN too. Should be here Weds.

Why a 20MOA base? Seems with such a low power scope you wouldn't be planning to do much long range stuff that you would need a 20MOA base.

Well with this I should be able to go out to 600 yards and not loose clarity according to Alan. He knows his stuff and with me being relatively new to this kind of setup I gave him the benefit. Alan has been competitive in precision shooting for many years and dealing Vortex Optics for many as well. The 20 moa base is not a necessity but will be one less thing I have to replace when I decide and have a place I can shoot past the 600 yards. Currently the range I frequent has a max distance of 300 yards but planning on a 400 yard target in the some what near future.

edit: scope is actually 6-18x44. That was my bad.

Last edited:
Traded my Bersa for a yugo mauser. Fbi delayed me, weird since I put my SSN on the 4473 and have nothing but a misdemeanor and two wrecks on my record. Can pick it up Friday.

Any surplus 7.92 I should stay away from?

Well with this I should be able to go out to 600 yards and not loose clarity according to Alan. He knows his stuff and with me being relatively new to this kind of setup I gave him the benefit. Alan has been competitive in precision shooting for many years and dealing Vortex Optics for many as well. The 20 moa base is not a necessity but will be one less thing I have to replace when I decide and have a place I can shoot past the 600 yards. Currently the range I frequent has a max distance of 300 yards but planning on a 400 yard target in the some what near future.

edit: scope is actually 6-18x44. That was my bad.

18X at the top end makes sense. I was just checking, since 8X seemed a little low powered for long range. The Hunter Match rifles do use a 6X scope but only shoot out to 300yds.

18X at the top end makes sense. I was just checking, since 8X seemed a little low powered for long range. The Hunter Match rifles do use a 6X scope but only shoot out to 300yds.

Yeah that was my bad on the typo. I am looking forward to getting this thing mounted and out to the range, should be a large improvement over the cheap no name brand 4-12 junk that was mounted on the rifle when I bought it.

Did you have to bed that 20MOA base at all?

Picked this up today. Already thinking about modifying it. Lol
ebu9azy9.jpg

Picked up a straight lever for the 336 on ebay for 40 bucks. Still looking for a trigger plate. Haven't decided if I want to go with the gunstocks.com stock set or spring for the fancy set from treebone carving.

red 'cowboy conversion' heep

Spike's shipped my lower today. :party:

Hella good price. If I were you, I'd grab 3 or 4 just for good measure :D Seriously though, you picking up at least 1?

I remember you saying you had an extra LPK...it needs to go somewhere.

Back