• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alexia's 1997 Comanche - 4.7L Stroker

I took a break from being sick to finish gluing, trimming, and stapling the trim to the rear backer board.

gallery_1_12_151817.jpg

gallery_1_12_111465.jpg

I love this build. Any more about the engine build?

I need to pull the oil pan and reseal all of it before anything else. The Dorman pan I bought just does not fit as well as the factory pan.

Then it comes down to deciding if I want to mess with the supercharger before or after July since I want to go to the PA Jeep Show.

I just installed the driver seat of the Corbeau Baja XRS with the MJ bracket.(They only sell a full replacement bracket.) The bracket is one to two inches too tall. I am short and my head is nearly touching the ceiling with the head liner removed. The seat is only about 0.5" wider than the the stock bucket seats, but the position on the bracket prevents the B pillar trim from being installed. If the trim could be installed the top bolster of the seat back would be tight against the trim preventing the seat belt from getting through.

So... The seats are comfortable it seems, but the bracket needs slightly reengineered to work properly. However, there is a review on Amazon that mentioned this so I was prepared for the height issue.

http://www.amazon.com/Corbeau-D848F...s/B000FQ0D7Y/ref=dpx_acr_txt?showViewpoints=1

gallery_1_12_272955.jpg

gallery_1_12_226066.jpg

gallery_1_12_319492.jpg

gallery_1_12_185679.jpg

gallery_1_12_191144.jpg

That ACU is in exactly the same orientation as in the donor, right? That is critical to proper operation, if it is facing back instead of forward or sideways, it will deploy in the wrong situations and not in the right ones.

Just figured I should mention that... the seat looks great aside from that bracket being too tall. Surprised they make MJ brackets at all!

That ACU is in exactly the same orientation as in the donor, right? That is critical to proper operation, if it is facing back instead of forward or sideways, it will deploy in the wrong situations and not in the right ones.

Just figured I should mention that... the seat looks great aside from that bracket being too tall. Surprised they make MJ brackets at all!

It is in the correct orientation!

The seat bracket issue gets worse actually. The rectangular shape of the seat base prevents shortening the bracket since the bottom right edge of the seat would contact the transmission tunnel. They engineered the bracket for it to properly fit inside the cab, but let it go to production with the glaring issue that it works for no one to sit in it.

Wow, that sucks. Can you deadblow the floor into submission without smashing it into the tcase?

Wow, that sucks. Can you deadblow the floor into submission without smashing it into the tcase?

That would create a gap between the left edge of the center console and floor pan then. Also, it would probably contact the shifter linkage underneath then. The Comanche floor pan is very tight for seat room.

I see that Ian from Extreme off road is going to be there.

Back