• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

@*#&#@@?!!^& Air Conditioner!!

OK, so I put my AC Manifold Gauges on my 2001 last night. Had 0 psi on the Low Side, had ~ 120 psi on the High Side. No leaks I could see anywhere so I purchased a refill/leak kit and added in about 14 oz... AC blows ICE cold now and the compressor kicked on and stayed on the entire time I had it idling... ~ 10 minutes. Then this morning driving in to work ran the AC a bit too... still ICE cold.

Hopefully this will take care of any AC problems and keep it running nice and ice cold.

Hate to say it, but it will eventually go back to blowing warm and cycling fast again. Just depends on how big of a leak you have.

My 99 finally started leaking last summer. Recharged it once in July and it held all the way until Fall. Recharged it again in fall (I like having a defroster and being able to clear fog off my windshield on a rainy day) and it held all the way until this Spring. So far this year, i've recharged it about 3 times. I don't daily drive it anymore, so now I just check it before taking it on a trip and recharge as necessary. I know it's the evaporator, and i've done 2 other Jeeps with in the last year or so, so I know how do to it. I just refuse to spend the $200-300 on AC stuff for a vehicle I don't daily drive anymore. Some day if I have some extra money laying around (yeah, right) i'll fix it.

Redsnake, What were your manifold pressures after the recharge??. Or should I ask what are NORMAL pressures on the guages?

I haven't hooked my gauges back up since the recharge (I know not the perfect scenario but I was crunched for time). Will hopefully get to it this weekend and report back. This is not Gospel, but I beleive for me w the outside temps being 100+ degrees, the Manifold pressures should be ~50 Lowside & ~200 Highside. These numbers I've seen on various charts... If those are wrong anyone feel free to correct.

I live in Miami so it took me a while to figure out a problem like this on my 99. I never use the heater but the blend door module that controls it got screwed up and seized with the blend door open just a little for heat. Something worth looking into.

the problem was with all the humidity down here condensation would pool up in the module and seize the motor up.. To avoid this from ever happening again i took the little guy apart and drilled holes in the bottom of it so if any water gets in there it wont stick around.

orifice valve. Thats all I have to say. After replacing the evaporator it was simply the orifice valve that was plugged up and needed to be replaced. It would blow cold for for a little bit and then get real warm. It is what breaks up the high pressure through a screen to low pressure and hence cooling off.

Back