• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adopt-A-Trail Work - June 10 & June 11

And the occasional unseen and unheard rattler.

What?

Do the rattlesnakes get their fangs stuck in them?

I think it's the sudden release of pressure, it could blow their heads off.

Anyone going up Friday evening?
Thinking about doing a little work on 2n04 and camping on it Friday night. Or maybe just camping on 2n49.

Meeting time and location for Saturday morning?

Let's say 9:30 at the South / West end of 2N47. The Cleghorn OHV trail off ramp of I-15. Exit the freeway and stage out of the way at the trail head.

Have the Drifters been invited to join us? I don't mean random drifters of unknown moral character roaming the highways or the doo wop group that recorded Under the Boardwalk and This Magic Moment back in the 60s. I mean the club that shares responsibility for 2N47 maintenance. In the interest of good club relations, I think they ought to be invited to join us if they haven't been.

Of course, if the Drifters doo wop group wanted to perform for us while we clean up, that would be pretty cool too.

I believe I will be coming Saturday and Sunday with my 10yo son. I have a RTT so only need room for the Jeep at the campsite. I look forward to meeting you guys.

Bruce

Al, I plan on having a good time but don't think I'm up for any magic moments.

I'm about 50/50 for coming at this point. I've had a pinched nerve in my neck for over 2 weeks, if I come it will be for moral support. I'm dying to leave the house, couch is getting old.

You could keep company with the one handed Varmint.

He can point and John can look.

BTW, we may try to relocate some downed trees, or parts thereof on 2N49 to further block an illegal trail. If you happen to have a length of stout chain it may be helpful to have it on Sunday.

Last time we wrapped the chain around the tree trunk and then secured the chain to the hitch receiver with a pin or d-ring.

Back