• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adjustable Track Bar

if you need to get on the road, buy the cheapest one you can... sounds like RC, and get it going.

then save up until you can afford to do it right:
Over-The-Axle mount,
straight track bar,-.250 wall DOM
3/4"Heims (5/8" mis) (ruffstuff is my preference)

and a hi-steer to go with it and get the Drag link angle correct.

I don't see any reason to spend a fortune on a bar that uses the stock mounting location.

I have a IRO TrackBar coming in the mail anyday now. Ill post my thoughts once it arrives. Cost me $139.99, or whatever it was
plus $12 shipping.

FINALLY got my trackbar today. It is BEEF as all get out. The Frame side mount looks Solid. Didnt really inspect the welds to much. The threaded end has a thick walls surrounding the actual threads so those look good. The tie rod end I got with it looked to be just a standard tie rod end. Standard boot. Had a part number on it to check who made it. You can tell its the weak point of the whole package but then again its suppose to be.

if it's anything like their caster adjustment on their arms then it's complete:bs:, if you want beefy pickup a clayton or rockkrawler

I dont do that much. Ive never seen or heard anything on those to company's so I have no opinion.

Definitely not "COMPLETE BS", contrary to popular belief. Lots of ppl like it, and the fact its $139 with $12 shipping compared to; What's the Price of Clayton or RockKrawler??

Ordering a adjustable track bar...just wanted some input on what to get and where to get its from....looked the rough country adjustable one for 4"-6" lift and has the new frame side drop bracket. And its only $130

There's a reason it's cheap....

Pay a little more and get a real 1.25" thick trackbar. You'll thank yourself later.

Ask me cuz i went through this already....

I dont do that much. Ive never seen or heard anything on those to company's so I have no opinion.

Definitely not "COMPLETE BS", contrary to popular belief. Lots of ppl like it, and the fact its $139 with $12 shipping compared to; What's the Price of Clayton or RockKrawler??
rockkrawlers just a tiny bit more while claytons is alot more but has topnotch materails& joint.
just remember this.. You get what you pay for!

Ironman4x4 is the only track bar I would run.

Andy makes killer products that are affordable.

Check out his CA's too.

This x 11

DSCF7006.jpg

next to RC's bar........:shhh:

if it's anything like their caster adjustment on their arms then it's complete:bs:, if you want beefy pickup a clayton or rockkrawler
the only reasons I don't like the IRO track bar:
* rubber bushings at each end? seriously? like I need my steering to be even mushier.
* solid stock is a marketing gimmick since the weak point is the welds and/or bushing sleeves not the bar itself, unless you use stupid-thin tubing or a shitty tubing bender.

On that note, as long as you aren't moving to a heavier axle or >33" tires, not sure I see the point unless you just need adjustability. I beat the absolute hell out of my 96 XJ with 33s and a stock trackbar and never came close to bending it. It went to the scrapper with the same trackbar it left the factory with.

Im on a stock TB. Doing just fine with 31's. The IRO TrackBar has POly bushing at the axle and normal rubber TRE on the frame. The bends and flawless. the welds IDK im not a welder so i cant tell penetration...

the only reasons I don't like the IRO track bar:
* rubber bushings at each end? seriously? like I need my steering to be even mushier.
* solid stock is a marketing gimmick since the weak point is the welds and/or bushing sleeves not the bar itself, unless you use stupid-thin tubing or a shitty tubing bender.

On that note, as long as you aren't moving to a heavier axle or >33" tires, not sure I see the point unless you just need adjustability. I beat the absolute hell out of my 96 XJ with 33s and a stock trackbar and never came close to bending it. It went to the scrapper with the same trackbar it left the factory with.
I have broken/bent 3 trackbars with factory bends in them. I would not run anything but a straight track bar. I am not exactly easy on my junk but not stoopid either. If I had to run a track bar with bends I would want the thickest beefiest one I could get.

I was stupid with my last one (the one I mentioned.) I pointed it where I wanted to go and hit the pedal till it happened :roflmao: Never broke or bent a track bar.

Agreed that technically the largest straightest bar possible is the most optimal strength wise.

i ran the rough country 4-6 track bar and the thing was junk. ive had nothing but problems with it ever since i installed it. IMO i'd go with the ironrockoffroad trackbar or something that size and quality. yea you'll spend alittle more money but it'll be worth it in the long run.

Ok so I'm thinking of buying the iron rock trac bar with the relocation bracket. I know a lot of people like the rubicon express with the he joint but in the northwest I don't want to be replacing it every six months because of rust. Whats your opinion?

Ok so I'm thinking of buying the iron rock trac bar with the relocation bracket. I know a lot of people like the rubicon express with the he joint but in the northwest I don't want to be replacing it every six months because of rust. Whats your opinion?

Can't go wrong with the double-sheer Iron Rock t-bar. It's tuff.

I'm all about buying someone's used chit. It's green :) Saves resources.

I was handed down a IRO trackbar after my buddy t-boned his rig. I have had absolutely zero issues with it, and would have no problem spending the dough to buy a new one.

Back