• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'99 Jeep Cherokee XJ--Rubicon Tested!!

FOHUNIT

NAXJA Forum User
Awesome turn-key rig! Custom built to be comfortable in rocks, on trails, or on the freeway. Long arm Rubicon Express suspension. Rubicon and Rusty's steering components. 29 spline Chrysler 8.25 rear diff with Detroit Tru-Trac and custom truss. TNT Revolver shackles. High pinion Dana 30 front with ZJ axleshafts. 4.56 gearing. NP231 case with slip yoke eliminator. AW4 automatic trans. 4.0 high output engine with Rusty's intake and throttle body spacer. Custom Flowmaster exhaust Approx 97K miles. Major service recently performed with only factory parts. Custom bumpers, roof rack, stereo, Huskyliner mats, fender trimming, and flares. Rock sliders. T-case, front diff and gas tank skids. 35" mud tires. American Racing wheels. Full size spare. Jeep is very clean inside and out. Cold a/c, tint, airbags--everything works! Just smogged and tagged for another year. Good fuel milage. Suspension flexes well off road and is quiet and smooth on road. Great truck, hate to sell. Jeep is in Galt, CA--just south of Sacramento and Elk Grove. Price is $10,000 or best offer. Serious only please. Thanks, Chris

BTW--can't attach yet here, but have pics available to email if interested. Jeep is white with charcoal fabric interior.

Wasn't it the WJ that used CV shafts? Maybe I'm wrong about their source, but they seem to use larger u-joints at the knuckles than the original XJ ones.

FOHUNIT said:
Wasn't it the WJ that used CV shafts? Maybe I'm wrong about their source, but they seem to use larger u-joints at the knuckles than the original XJ ones.

AFAIK all of them WJ, ZJ, XJ used the CV joint at one time or another.
I think that XJs with the 242 full time TC often came with the CV joints.

That sounds right. I have an extra set of those axles, as well as a large box of spare parts (belts, brakes, tune up stuff, etc.) that go with the Jeep. Also have an interior roll bar and OEM front skid plate to throw in or sell cheap if anyone needs them.

Back