• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 rolled cherokee death trap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well since you guys are trying to argue that the tiny few pounds of strength difference between pipe and tubing might make the difference between life and death, i'd like to point out that it would take nearly a thousand pounds to vertically crush a door, and that they also help hold the pillars parallel with relation to each-other.
idk about yours, but my jeep weighs well over a thousand pounds. guess i didnt get that option from the factory.

Also, his jeep is no less likely to be the cause of lost legs than any other doorless jeep other than the lift height, and its still higher than any Honda civic's hood.
doorless wranglers still have a framed top on then, idk if id call it a cage but most seem to take a beating when flopped. this XJ will not.

Do yourself a favor, get a few gallons of diesel fuel and a road flare and put that thing out of its misery before you hurt or kill yourself or someone else.
diesel and jet fuel do not ignite to an open flame. just FYI. :lecture:
Yes, I am 19. And although that puts me in a category which most people assume has no experience, I bought my Cherokee the week after I turned 15, so i have more than 4 years with it, and I bought my second Jeep (a comanche) this year. And i've been welding for about the same amount of time, and i'v had a couple welding jobs already. (yes, even when i wasn't exactly legal for me to be welding)
the question isnt about your welding skill. its about your design and attention to detail... even something as simple as material choice. stop giving my generation a bad name.

and i like the edits on posts where you seem to be snappy with other users. its like, "hey, wait wait wait. i didnt tell that one good enough the first time. lets try this one..."

wow this thing just keeps growing! kinda funny ha

Also, while the remaining structure of the unibody may be fine, the lack of the body means there is no support to the structure and it will flex and twist. Also, those plates in the door sill? Please tell me that's not how you plan on tying into the unibody. Please tell me you have some invisible tubes/pipes or plans to actually plate the frame rail and go through the floor anf tie into the plated rails.

cmonnnnnnnn, the frame flexing equals more flex baby

edit: unibody/floorboard not frame
While it may not have a separate frame, framerails is still an appropriate and easy way to refer to those rail like shapes under the XJ.

one thing you need to cut the keck out of those wheel wells to make room for bigger tires and more flex :) i am very curious how this is going to turn out! keep up the work

Holy crap! A positive attitude on NAXJA today! (thanks)

While it may not have a separate frame, framerails is still an appropriate and easy way to refer to those rail like shapes under the XJ.

well i personally call them frame rails normally but was avoiding getting my head removed for using a so called "incorrect" term.

just saying, i would never have posted such a vehicle on here, especially befor it was finished.

I really see no point in taking all the time drawing up our designs in a format that we could post up here just to post to this waste of a thread.

Have a good one everybody, I think we've learned all we needed to know about you guys today, and I don't know about everybody else but I'm sick of arguing so I won't be visiting this thread again...

So long and farewell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back