• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'91 Cherokee, ARB's, 4.88's, 35" MT/R's, etc. etc. etc. {very long winded}-$3400 or ?

mbryson

NAXJA Forum User
'91 Cherokee, ARB's, 4.88's, 35" MT/R's, etc. etc. etc. {very long winded}-$3400 or ?

OK..........I'm out of inspection and don't want to pay to get thing licensed again. (needs windshield) Has passed SLC county emissions without issue (other than the flares don't quite cover the tires-mostly on the front). Need cash to finish my YJ project (YJ parts could be kind of tempting, Chev SB V8 swap, D60 and 14 bolt lockers, interior parts, etc.--also needing a full size tow rig, trades could be arranged for older ext. or crew cab, prefer 4WD). Located in northeastern, UT.

Price is somewhat negotiable but looking for $3400ish. If you're truly interested, send me a PM and we'll have a chat. Someone buy it so I don't have to part it out (I have way to many disassembled vehicles at my house already), I'm kind of sentimental about the rig and it'd be nice to just let it go.

Fairly streetable, esp. for it's capabilities. Still my DD. 4.0L, AW4, 242, 184K miles

reverse D30, XJ D44 with 4.88's, ARB's and some spare axles, unit bearings and brake parts. I've NEVER had any issues with how/where I've run my airlines. Compressor is in the rear storage area where the stock spare tire was.

6"ish lift utilizing RE 4.5" coil springs, RE trackbar, 2" spacer and funky (has a little too much anti-squat and a little bumpsteer to the passenger side), short arm 3 link that works OK and flexes way too much. Has Go-fer-it tie rod (slightly bent, but still 3 times stronger than a stocker--still aligns without issue--using 1/2 ton Dodge pickup ends), and TJ draglink (bigger diameter than XJ unit)---have spare steering parts also. Doestch Tech 8000 shocks

Rear is a 4-Plus extended shackle, 1" block, RE 3" add-a-leaf and up country springs. They are still serviceable, but a good leaf pack would serve well and get rid of the block.

35" MT/R's that are at worst 60%. Some minor chunking and rounded edges, but no tears or punctures. (5) 15x10" American Racing Tailgunners. 35" full size spare (wal-mart brand MT tire)--BRAND NEW.

rockrails, front bumper are custom made (by me--doubt that adds value) and trimming/body massaging for 35" tires. Rocklogic t-case skid--very cool!

THE BAD:
Chassis: You cannot run a 'normal' 4 link XJ suspension on this rig. Upper control arm mount is torn off the body. Thus the funky 3 link :D . Uni-body is showing small signs of distress but has held up amazingly well. If you were to keep the rig, I'd do a long arm conversion or similar and tube the hell out of the body. (That's kind of interesting due to some 'framerail' damage).

Engine: Blows a fairly significant amount of oil into the airbox. From Roosevelt to SLC, a quart will either get burned or dumped into the airbox. Still driveable, but I wouldn't count on it driving to say the Rubicon and back. It might, but I don't think it's worth it--I'd trailer it. The engine still has OK power, but 188K, tough to b!tch about. Still has fair-good oil pressure.

T-Case: 242 has a leak and is a little noisier than I like. Still functional and would get you home, but I'm not sure it's up to anything serious. Again, 188K tough to b!tch about.

Both drivelines were new about 16-18 months ago.

some cosmetics issues, paint, hole in carpet above muffler/converter (don't ask)

Re: '91 Cherokee, ARB's, 4.88's, 35" MT/R's, etc. etc. etc. {very long winded}-$3400 or ?

IF you are forced to part it out, I'd be very interested in the rear axle. Let me know.

Re: '91 Cherokee, ARB's, 4.88's, 35" MT/R's, etc. etc. etc. {very long winded}-$3400 or ?

Can you send me some pics. My e-mail address is: [email protected] I have a buddy who is looking for a built xj after I showed him how good they are on the rubicon last weekend. He/I live in Sacramento, CA.

Re: '91 Cherokee, ARB's, 4.88's, 35" MT/R's, etc. etc. etc. {very long winded}-$3400

steinjeep said:
Can you send me some pics. My e-mail address is: [email protected] I have a buddy who is looking for a built xj after I showed him how good they are on the rubicon last weekend. He/I live in Sacramento, CA.

I'll get them too you in a couple of hours. (when I get home, kind of lacking any at work)

Re: '91 Cherokee, ARB's, 4.88's, 35" MT/R's, etc. etc. etc. {very long winded}-$3400

I'll give you $1200 for both axles and give you mine off my 2000 XJ.

ZachMan said:
I'll give you $1200 for both axles and give you mine off my 2000 XJ.

Hmmm........details are always good. Where you live (figuring freight)? We swapping at my house? Assuming low pinion front. Stock, slightly modded, D35 or 8.25, gear ratio? what? (I'd like to sell in one piece, but would possibly be willing to part out)

Pics are on their way. I'll get a driveway 'poser' shot if you like. Those were handy and represent what it is today.

mbryson said:
Hmmm........details are always good. Where you live (figuring freight)? We swapping at my house? Assuming low pinion front. Stock, slightly modded, D35 or 8.25, gear ratio? what? (I'd like to sell in one piece, but would possibly be willing to part out)

Pics are on their way. I'll get a driveway 'poser' shot if you like. Those were handy and represent what it is today.

I pay for your shipping you pay for mine, or to each his own.Yeah mine are stock LP D30 and 8.25.

How many miles are on your 4.88s and ARBs? Everything else stock?

ZachMan said:
I pay for your shipping you pay for mine, or to each his own.Yeah mine are stock LP D30 and 8.25.

How many miles are on your 4.88s and ARBs? Everything else stock?

I'd guess about 15K. Didn't pay much attention to mileage when I put them in. Axleshafts are stock, if that's what you mean.

Back