• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 Comanche build thread

there was a long time inbetween posts. haha, sorry dude. anyway, REV!! you trying to snake that t-case? its yours of you need it man, i can wait.

I think Rev was confused, not sure which thread he thought he was posting in, but I'm pretty sure he has no need for a 203 t-case :confused1

How have I missed this thread for so long? Just now seen it for the first time...

Probably been too busy building those stupid Desert jeeps! :D

heres a question....Chrystler 8.25. 29 spline. What parts are reccomended to make it strong enough to handle 32's and said motor swap. any ideas? I was thinking 4.10's, chromoly shafts, and a true-trac.

heres a question....Chrystler 8.25. 29 spline. What parts are reccomended to make it strong enough to handle 32's and said motor swap. any ideas? I was thinking 4.10's, chromoly shafts, and a true-trac.

I've seen the 8.25 wheeled hard with 33's and not break. Should be fine with 32's.

so i just got my bolt kit from ARP, and my water pump from FoMoCo. all seems to be working out fine!! its becoming like that J. Cash song "one peice at a time."

hows this look for new floorboards. Im not quite done, ran out of gas in the welder.
untitled.jpg

hows this look for new floorboards. Im not quite done, ran out of gas in the welder.
untitled.jpg

Image is small. From what I can see it looks good though.

yeah, i took it with my phone, im working on the other side and fabbing up some motor mounts right now, Ill take pictures of all of it and post them up soon.

well, i will warn any of you attempting this swap...the t-19/t-18 is a very short transmission. the shifter comes out of the floor about 5 inches closer to the firewall than the stock 4 speed that was in it. Ill take a pic of it tommarow to show you.

well, i will warn any of you attempting this swap...the t-19/t-18 is a very short transmission. the shifter comes out of the floor about 5 inches closer to the firewall than the stock 4 speed that was in it. Ill take a pic of it tommarow to show you.

Yea I think ashman did a swap with a 203/205 and a short transmission.

Back