• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

87' MJ 4.0/aw4/231/hp44/9" LA/SOA 35" MTs IL/WI

Big Red

NAXJA Forum User
http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/3058696326.html

1987 Jeep Comanche long bed for sale with 4.0L fuel injected 6 cylinder motor, AW4 automatic trans with overdrive, 231 command trac t-case, HP dana 44 front axle, Ford 9" rear axle with 6" lift.

1987 Jeep Comanche long bed for sale. It has a 6 inch lift using rubicon express coil with a front radius arm type suspension and bastard pack leaf springs in the rear using the mj pack with a few xj leaves. The radius arms are built using 2" x .25" square tubing and ruff stuff 1.25" hiems. All new steering linkage built with 1.5" x .25" wall DOM tubing and 3/4" and 7/8" hiem joints. Front track bar is also built with 3/4" hiems and 1.5" x .25" wall DOM tubing and ruff stuff brackets. Rear is installed using Ruff stuff spring perches and spring plates. Front axle is a 79 ford high pinion Dana 44 with 4:10 gears and brand new Warn lock out hubs and rear is a 79 ford 9 inch with 4:10 gears. I do have a set of 5:13 gears for both the front and rear axle that will go with the jeep. Jeep has a H.O. 4.0 liter straight six from a 92 cherokee running off of the factory renix fuel system. Has an AW4 trans with a NP231 transfercase. Gauges have been replaced with aftermarket Fuel level, Volt, Oil pressure, and coolant Temp gauges and has LED high beam and turn indicators. Has a small cobra CB installed. Front bumper is no longer on the jeep but I do still have the 8000 lbs electric winch that will also be included in the sale, was planning on building a stubby winch bumper for it. Has a built rear bumper with hitch reciever built into bumper with more than factory mounting tie-ins and has a flag mount that is required for most off road parks. Has almost brand new 35/12.50/15 Pro Comp MT's on a set of steel wagon spoke wheels. Jeep was used mainly as an offroad toy but can be driven to and from the trails and/or daily driven as I am now. Body is a little rough but that is to be expected with a trail rig. Unibody is solid with no cracks and door hinges have been modified for easy removal.

Asking $4,200 Located in Roscoe, IL off I-90 along IL/WI border (just south of Beloit, WI and 15 min north of Rockford, IL)

Troy 815 222 nine four 0 nine

MJ black front driver.jpg MJ black rear driver.jpg

Heah Matt I was very tempted but could use the $ now as I have 6 Jeeps currently!
I just picked up a super rare only 1 of 2341 97' ZJ 5.2L Orvis edition and am getting it today. This will probably be my new dd as my 98' niner is under construction with a 7" Clayton/IRO Long arm 35s, hp30/8.8 4.88s aussies, flowkooler water pump and all aluminum radiator. Put about $1800 into the niner in last few months.

I was more interested in your niner with those cool bumpers you had on it.
I still have the ZJ rock sliders to put on my niner I bought from you, but I'm tempted to see if they will work on my green 1 ton MJ.

At any rate I'd like to meet up with you again, I'm sure we at least got trade/buy/sell some parts from each of our Jeep fleets! :laugh3: ;)

I pirated the crazy strong steering off of it and put on some worn 33x12.50x15 SS Truxus tires on nice black rims steel rims. Current steering is a stock HP44 setup from a F150.

$3800 OBO

I could use the $ and have 6 Jeeps currently so I should thin out the herd but I will entertain trades, even stockers. (XJs 97-01', TJs 97+, ZJs 96-98, etc).

$3500 OBO

Now has worn 33" SS Truxus MTs, stock steering, no rear bumper, but has a double tube front bumper.

Updated pics and info:

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/3075060149.html

1987 Jeep Comanche long bed for sale with 4.0L fuel injected 6 cylinder motor, AW4 automatic trans with overdrive, 231 command trac t-case, HP dana 44 front axle, Ford 9" rear axle with 6" lift.

6" RE express coil with a front radius arm type suspension and bastard pack leaf springs in the rear using the mj pack with a few xj leaves. The radius arms are built using 2" x .25" square tubing and ruff stuff 1.25" hiems.

Front axle is a 79 ford high pinion Dana 44 with 4:10 gears and brand new Warn lock out hubs and rear is a 79 ford 9 inch with 4:10 gears.

Jeep has a H.O. 4.0 liter straight six from a 92 cherokee running off of the factory renix fuel system. Has an AW4 trans with a NP231 transfercase. Gauges have been replaced with aftermarket Fuel level, Volt, Oil pressure, and coolant Temp gauges and has LED high beam and turn indicators.

Jeep was used mainly as an offroad toy but can be driven to and from the trails and/or daily driven as I am now. Body is a little rough but that is to be expected with a trail rig. Unibody is solid with no cracks and door hinges have been modified for easy removal.

Asking $2,800

Located in Roscoe, IL off I-90 along IL/WI border (just south of Beloit, WI and 15 min north of Rockford, IL)

Price jump from $2500 OBO to $2800?

Price jump from $2500 OBO to $2800?

LOL :laugh3: Yeah the more time I daily drive it the more I bond with it! ;)

It's setup good for a wheeler and I have been daily driving it the past 2 months with my grand cherokee being under construction.

I can sell with roller tires, the worn SS Truxus MTs on it with black Super 8s rims, or even the very nice 35" PC MTs I had on it originally! Options and prices depending on the buyers needs. :wierd:

The bomb proof steering that was on it is going on my YJ with same axles though! ;)

Troy

Recent pics attached:

text or email me for more info 815 222 nine four 0 nine

[email protected]

front passenger side bl MJ.jpg interior driver.jpg

Nice 35" Pro Comp MTs on it like in top pics of this thread. It's my daily driver currently while I keep throwing $ at the 98' 5.9L ZJ to get it road worthy again.

$2700 OBO

Trades? What do you guys got for me?

I wouldn't mind a 97'+ XJ even a near stocker, 96-98' ZJs, YJs, TJs, pretty much any Jeep I'd consider...even something else do I dare say?! :confused1

Darn I just read your sig and that ZJ sounds very nice!

My black LWB MJ is on it's last legs (motor made weird sounds at high RPMs and burning oil about a quart every 400 miles) and broke down on me last night. Not sure what it needs but just put in a new radiator last week and electric fans.

I'm looking to part it out now so that thread will be going up unless someone wants to buy it as is otherwise I'm scrapping it once I take the goodies off of iit.

Nice dana HP44/9" axles with ford radius/Ruff Stuff heavy duty long arms with heim end and mount to weld up to bolt into a MJ....or a XJ with a little work.

$2000 on the pair of axles with steering, long arms, Ruff Stuff double adj track bar so this is a plug and play upgrade for someone

Dana HP44 front axle with 4.10 gears and lincoln locked and newer Warn hubs

Ford 9" with 4.10 gears and limited slip and drum brakes both 5 on 5.5

Back