• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 with ABS problem... (creating one)

falcon556 said:
Chris, this is exactly what I was thinking. Do you know anybody who has actually done it?

Yes, I have seen it done. He used an XJ D35 tone ring though and did some weird braket to get the sensor into position.

-Chris

Talyn said:
Yes, I have seen it done. He used an XJ D35 tone ring though and did some weird braket to get the sensor into position.

-Chris

That's great! I can do weird. If you run into any additional info, I'd appreciate it if you share it.
I'm pretty serious about doing it this year sometime. I have tone rings and sensors from both XJ and ZJ.
Can't wait.

Sorry for digging out this thread after all those years, but as it is the only one relating a successful ABS installation on a 8.25...

Great information. Thank you very much for sharing Talyn!
Everything still working as expected after these years?

Could you make a profile view drawing and post it here, showing the shape of the machined tone ring and the adapter for me to understand better?
Thx

Threw this together for you in 5 minutes:
spacer.jpg

I am just curious of the parts list you actually used. I am gathering that you got the abs sensor and tone ring off the d35 and retrofitted to the c8.25 and used the d35 discs off a zj?
I just picked up another xj with a d35 and abs and I want to swap in a 8.25, but don't want to lose my abs as its my daily driver.

Back