• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

33 x 10.5 x 15

NOTNSUV

You Guys ROCK!
I've been looking for 33 x 10.5 x 15 tires. I know they're not common but have the old school idea that fat isn't always better. I don't need convincing otherwise but hoped someone might know where I might find tires in these sizes. I cruised the usual tire sites (tire rack, etc) FAQ but finding nothing. I don't want BFG AT, just not a fan.
I'm forced to buy wheels since my OEM wheels won't fit over the Warn hubs but will run the 31 x 10.50 Cooper STT awhile.. just checking ahead on what combo I can put together later on. I'd consider 16" wheels but have to wear outs the Coopers some so stuck with 15" wheels.

Thanks.

BFG ATs, BFG KM2s, some sort of super swamper and Toyo MTs are your options. i loved my 10.5s. if i was to run that size again, i'd get toyo mts.

XJLI has it right. BFG, Toyo, and Super Swamper are the only hames in the game. I run the BFG KM2 and I love them. Ride is great and the do really well on the trail.

i have gone through two sets of 10.5 BFG KM1s. great tire, great off road. also love the look. easy to tuck into the fenders too
35384_142760432401204_6339424_n.jpg

I was looking at tires today and tire rack has general grabbers in 33x10.50x15 now. Just another option since you said you didn't want BFG AT's. Personally I am going to get the AT's because I mostly drive on the road and mainly use my XJ for camping/light wheeling.

Wow, those Generals are brand new. I haven't seen those before now. Good eye iluv83vettes.

I was looking at tires today and tire rack has general grabbers in 33x10.50x15 now. Just another option since you said you didn't want BFG AT's. Personally I am going to get the AT's because I mostly drive on the road and mainly use my XJ for camping/light wheeling.

Red labels?

I too will be getting 33x10.50x15 when the time comes to replace my tires. It is good to have a new option with the General Grabbers, though the sidewall doesn't appear to have any lugs for protection in rocks.

Tire Rack General Grabber 33x10.50x15

I was going to pick up a set of red letters, but I got my MTR-k's for 600 OTD!

Wow, those Generals are brand new. I haven't seen those before now. Good eye iluv83vettes.

Actually I found those because of this thread. I had only seen the BFG A/T's and KM2s before this thread. I didn't know anyone else who made a 33x10.50.

Yeah, I found the Grabbers yesterday as well but the Reviews on tirerack.com mention they are not very well suited for snow pack/icy roads.. and yes, red letters.
I'm going to find out if the Toyo's can be siped.

yes. well minus cutting the front to clear the bumper. still got the inner fenders too :D

Proper bumpstopping I'll guess? I had no idea they could be stuffed like that without trimming and was figuring I'd have to pull the flares and go Napier.
I'd like more details on your setup if you would. Mine is OME 3.5" Super Ultimate from DPG but I haven't gotten around to checking flex or setting the bumpstops. Just installed beefed up diffs @ 4.56 front and rear this weekend, have yet to get it aligned or drive it. Should be a hoot going from 3.55. Then it's time to get a compressor to get the ARBs operational.
.. and choosing the right polished wheels in 15x7 or 15x8 for possible move from 31 to 33". Looking at M/T, Raceline so far. Suggestions welcome but I don't need beadlocks or to further break the bank.

Thanks.

Last edited:
red lables are pretty damn heavy. i too really wanted to get 33x10.5 but i had my heart set on getting MTR/k so i went with 12.5. although on a 7" wide rim they are pretty narrow
facebook_-1368142586.jpg

IMG_20121004_194054.jpg

I ended up with 32x11.5 MT/R's. I love the 33x10.5 look and fit, but I hated my old BFG's. once switching to MT/R's I'll never go back. The Toyos were way too expensive for me, but those Grabbers will definitely be my next tire!

Re: Re: 33 x 10.5 x 15

I ended up with 32x11.5 MT/R's. I love the 33x10.5 look and fit, but I hated my old BFG's. once switching to MT/R's I'll never go back. The Toyos were way too expensive for me, but those Grabbers will definitely be my next tire!

Why didn't you like the MT/R's?

Proper bumpstopping I'll guess? I had no idea they could be stuffed like that without trimming and was figuring I'd have to pull the flares and go Napier.
I'd like more details on your setup if you would. Mine is OME 3.5" Super Ultimate from DPG but I haven't gotten around to checking flex or setting the bumpstops. Just installed beefed up diffs @ 4.56 front and rear this weekend, have yet to get it aligned or drive it. Should be a hoot going from 3.55. Then it's time to get a compressor to get the ARBs operational.
.. and choosing the right polished wheels in 15x7 or 15x8 for possible move from 31 to 33". Looking at M/T, Raceline so far. Suggestions welcome but I don't need beadlocks or to further break the bank.

Thanks.

yup, i made adjustable bumpstops. i have 6.5" coils with home made long arms with 12" travel shocks. i have about 5" up travel. what i did with the rear is kind of irrelevant to you.

Back