• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3 link rear MJ coming soon

Goatman said:
Looks like it's nicely done. I want to tube out one of my MJ's one of these days, but I want a quasi flat bed so I can still have room for gear stowage. Don't know where you'd put your gear if you went camping in it.
Yeah,there's not much room for storage but thats what friends are for!!!

magoo117 said:
Yeah,there's not much room for storage but thats what friends are for!!!

:D :D

Yeah, they can have the extra weight...... :laugh:

Goatman said:
Looks like it's nicely done. I want to tube out one of my MJ's one of these days, but I want a quasi flat bed so I can still have room for gear stowage. Don't know where you'd put your gear if you went camping in it.

Here is a possible plan of mine. :) I'm thinking of narrowing, shortening, and bobbing a MJ bed and then mounting it to a tubed out rear end. I'm thinking it would look kind of like a flareside rig. Just thinking at this point, but I also would like it to be a bit more streetable yet woods/rock worthy too. I know just moving to a rig that doesn't have the upper rear portion of the xj body will be a blessing for fitting places!!! :) Jeff

Jeff 98XJ WI said:
Here is a possible plan of mine. :) I'm thinking of narrowing, shortening, and bobbing a MJ bed and then mounting it to a tubed out rear end. I'm thinking it would look kind of like a flareside rig. Just thinking at this point, but I also would like it to be a bit more streetable yet woods/rock worthy too. I know just moving to a rig that doesn't have the upper rear portion of the xj body will be a blessing for fitting places!!! :) Jeff
I was originally thinking about using the stock bed.I realized I would be cutting so much off it away it wouldnt be worth it.I am going to make side panels out of aluminum to cover it up a little.

Goatman said:

Yeah, I've been trying to come up with a good way to tube the back end, but keep room for hear and be able to keep it dry! (Dry from water crossings and puddles, not from rain and snow.)
Billy

So how did I get thrown into that Goatman ??? WTF!!! :kissyou:

Goatman said:
I'll sure be glad when Brett and Scrappy actually have their rigs done. I get a kick out of reading all the technical advice that comes from a guy that runs leaf springs and another that drives a stock YJ. :moon:

:laugh: :laugh: :wave:

you know I love you guys...... :D

Goatman said:
I'll sure be glad when Brett and Scrappy actually have their rigs done. I get a kick out of reading all the technical advice that comes from a guy that runs leaf springs and another that drives a stock YJ. :moon:

i cant believe I missed this! been a while since I have had time to read.

Rich, who else you know that can beat a stock YJ like I do? huh?

Brett...I finally got my (leaf front end) MJ on the trails. Here's where I put my fuel tank. For now it's still leafs in the rear...but I intend to follow your line and run a 3 link or a triangulated 4 link in the rear some time in the not too distant future. BTW the front leaves flex pretty darn well. It stuffs the front tires all the way up into the fenderwell and droops nicely as well.

mj30021gy.jpg

Yeah it's a poser shot at my buddies used car lot. I put the tank inside the tool box. I have storage on top of the tank and down the sides. It only raised the tank to the equivalent of it's own height over stock and also moved it to the center and forward some.

Hmmmm,August is go time for me.I still cant walk right now,doc says August.Get ahold of me when you get home.

BrettM said:
I think I'll just flip a coin...

i can actualy help with this part

my silver dolar came up with "heads"

I realize you don't want to move the tank, but is that the only thing stopping you from cutting the frame off behind the cab "Led style?"

Just seems like leaving the bed frame would only be an intermediate step before the inevitable. You are eventually going to want to chop it.

No bender? No money? No time?

i would move the tank to the very back where you have that storage box. It really isn't that hard, I moved mine to the same spot. It was super easy...check it out
P9120030.jpg

As far as backhalving the sucker goes, if brett wants to go that route, that is great, but I like having the seat time personally ;)

Back