• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2nd Annual Spring Meet & Greet

I was thinking I would start setting up around 9:30-10. Then we would grill around lunch time and end when things started to die down.
gonna be a long haul for me for a day but i think its doable.

ill be in my new dd 96 xj.

sorry not gonna drive the trail rig up there :bawl:

I thought we were gonna be a bit later than that. It'll be an EARLY morning for us then. I'll obtain the necessary energy drinks for hubby to make the drive (I'm not comfortable driving the BFT 2.0). But we're gonna HAVE to if we bring charcoal or everyone will have our hide due to late burgers :firedevil.

We'll also be staying the night. Can someone recommend one of the local hotel/motels - or a particular one we need to stay away from? I'm looking for clean sheets, bug free and a hot shower....

MaxWife

I was able to get the place for the whole day so I had planned on makeing a day of it. We can easily plan to eat later for all of those that are cool enough to make the long haul down or up to us. Y'all start throwing out what times you were looking at arriving and we can work on the schedule. Also my setup time is by no means a time for everyone to get there. That was what I was going to shoot for to get the games set up and the banners hung.

Items Needed:
Charcoal (Grills provided at pavilion): MaxCFM
Burgers (23+): PacificEd
Hot Dogs (21+): TRT
Chips/Side: TRT - some chips, MTJ ham cream-cheese rolls, thecheif86 cowboy caviar(bean and corn salad) and fritos scoops,
Buns for both: bigalpha
Condiments: High2by
Desserts: edec374
Drinks: Whiplash_Syndicate (cokes)
Ice: midtennjeepers
Tubes to ice down drinks: Mr. Shrek
Plates, cups, plasticware: 256offroad
Easter Eggs (Plastic eggs with candy inside): jeepgeek2002 (12 or so eggs)
Games/Cornhole/Awards: Mr.Shrek

Roll Call:
1. Shrek, Fiona, and boys (Glenn and Crystal) 2 burgers, 2 dogs
2. High2by, wife and 15 kids (Mark) 3 burgers, 3 dogs
3. bosco01xj (Brian) 1 burger
4. Irbys19, edec374, and little one (Irby and Evie) 2 burgers, 2 dogs
5. bigalpha and better half (Alec and Candace) - 2 burgers, 2 dogs
6. PacificEd, wife and daughter (Ed) 2 burgers, 3 dogs
7. TRT, wife, and Shrek's daughters (Eric and Brandy) - 2 burgers, 2 dogs
8. thecheif86 and wife (Eric and Mallory) 2 burgers, 2 dogs
9. jeepgeek2002 and wife (Mark) 2 burger, 3 dogs
10. midtennjeeperz and wife (kevin &courtney)2 burgers, 2 dogs
11. Whiplash_Syndicate and GF 3 burgers
12. 256offroad and girlfriend- 2 burgers
13.ChuckstrPT (That's a BIG maybe....Andy, Robyn, and Jacob(6) and Danielle(4))
14. MaxCFM and Max Wife
3 burgers

27 Adults 11 Kids

Still needing more Easter eggs for the kiddos. Also for the Easter egg hunt it's going to by BYOB. (Bring Your Own Basket)

If your think your going to need help with the item or items you have committed to please post up so that we can all pitch in where need be. Other wise take a look at the number of people, your item, and plan accordingly.

I thought we were gonna be a bit later than that. It'll be an EARLY morning for us then. I'll obtain the necessary energy drinks for hubby to make the drive (I'm not comfortable driving the BFT 2.0). But we're gonna HAVE to if we bring charcoal or everyone will have our hide due to late burgers :firedevil.

We'll also be staying the night. Can someone recommend one of the local hotel/motels - or a particular one we need to stay away from? I'm looking for clean sheets, bug free and a hot shower....

MaxWife

There are a lot of hotels off exit 78 and 81. Exit 81 is the one you take to get to the park. I'll be honest, I've never stayed at any of them in Murfreesboro but they have all the big names, DoubleTree, Holiday Inn, etc.

There are a lot of hotels off exit 78 and 81. Exit 81 is the one you take to get to the park. I'll be honest, I've never stayed at any of them in Murfreesboro but they have all the big names, DoubleTree, Holiday Inn, etc.

Here's a good website to check hotel ratings around murfreesboro: LINK

ill just be coming up for the day. ill be coming straight up 231. its a 2 hour drive for me. so ill prob leave between 8-830

Thanks for the link. Haven't done much non-business traveling in a while - and our travel plans this summer will involve a RTT (which we don't have yet). We'll probably go "cheap" at the Red Roof in - not sure if it's worth the extra $50 to "upgrade" to Comfort Inn or Hampton Inn.

We're shooting for getting there about 11am - which means it'll be about noon LOL.

MaxWife

I'm gonna make this one; but I might be driving the S10 again........Hopefully the Comanche though and MAYBE the XJ. Put me down for one person and one burgerz and one dogz. You tell me what I need to bring or contribute.

Items Needed:
Charcoal (Grills provided at pavilion): MaxCFM
Burgers (24+): PacificEd
Hot Dogs (22+): TRT
Chips/Side: TRT - some chips, MTJ ham cream-cheese rolls, thecheif86 cowboy caviar(bean and corn salad) and fritos scoops,
Buns for both: bigalpha
Condiments: High2by
Desserts: edec374
Drinks: Whiplash_Syndicate (cokes)
Ice: midtennjeepers
Tubes to ice down drinks: Mr. Shrek
Plates, cups, plasticware: 256offroad
Easter Eggs (Plastic eggs with candy inside): jeepgeek2002 & Stellacrew
Games/Cornhole/Awards: Mr.Shrek

Roll Call:
1. Shrek, Fiona, and boys (Glenn and Crystal) 2 burgers, 2 dogs
2. High2by, wife and 15 kids (Mark)
3 burgers, 3 dogs
3. bosco01xj (Brian) 1 burger
4. Irbys19, edec374, and little one (Irby and Evie) 2 burgers, 2 dogs
5. bigalpha and better half (Alec and Candace) - 2 burgers, 2 dogs
6. PacificEd, wife and daughter (Ed) 2 burgers, 3 dogs
7. TRT, wife, and Shrek's daughters (Eric and Brandy) - 2 burgers, 2 dogs
8. thecheif86 and wife (Eric and Mallory) 2 burgers, 2 dogs
9. jeepgeek2002 and wife (Mark)
2 burger, 3 dogs
10. midtennjeeperz and wife (kevin &courtney)2 burgers, 2 dogs
11. Whiplash_Syndicate and GF 3 burgers
12. 256offroad and girlfriend- 2 burgers
13.ChuckstrPT (That's a BIG maybe....Andy, Robyn, and Jacob(6) and Danielle(4))
14. MaxCFM and Max Wife 3 burgers

15. Stellacrew 1 burgers, 1 dogs

28 Adults 11 Kids

Easter eggs are now covered. Again if you need help with the your item please post up so someone else can help you out.
Looks like we are going to have a great turn out this year. Going to be nice to finally put a face with a name.

Back