• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2004 superduty 6.0 Powerstroke

vjarman

NAXJA Forum User
I have been having major issues with my truck... it started a few months ago by smokin a blueish/white smoke and died... hydrolocked. i pulled glow plugs and fuel came out... was told it was an injector so i replaced it(a shop replaced it)... got truck back still wouldnt run.... messed with it some more had a buddy thats a tech at the ford dealership look at it and he said that it was the EGR cooler.... so i bought an egr delete kit..... got the truck all back together and it ran for about 15 seconds and hydrolocked again... havent pulled glowplugs yet... gonna probably do that when i get the jeep running again(another one of my awesomely reliable vehicles....:doh:) just wondering if there is anyone out there who ACTUALLY knows what they are talkin about.... in the last few months before the truck died i have replaced the FICM and injector pressure control switch(?).... im sick of spending money on this stupid truck.... sure makes it hard to pay the payment everymonth when its just sitting in the carport full of dust... thank you ANYONE for your help! it will be MUCH appreciated!!!:cheers:

Well I will chime in a lil
If u got a egt delete unless u got a bulletproof diesel delete your cooler is still there I maybe wrong but I think it will still allow water into the coole it just won't be cooling your exhaust gases
mine had a blown head gasket it ran a lil warm on the last Kentucky wheeling trip.

I feel ur pain bud I put close to 2500 in mine in the last 4 months good thing for over time.
Bullet proof water pump
radiator
Head gasket
already had ARP studs
Oil cooler
and egt cooler from bulletproof diesel
Gauges
After all that truck kept cutting off going down the road it was blowing the Ecu fuse come to find out the fan clutch wires were all chewed up spliced back together and so far so good
sct tuner with innovative custom tunes WOW!!!
but should be good now I hope
good luck

thank you for the input! im not sure the brand of delete i got.... i bought it from a friend... it was brand new and it DID get rid of the cooler... had to change the exhaust crossover/down pipe(not sure what its called)... wish i had a credit card with plenty of credit so i could take this stupid thing to the dealer and make it their problem

So is it fuel or antifreeze that is hydrolocking it?

The truck has 120,xxx miles.. Has a banks intake, aftermarket turbo, ARP head studs installed. Will look tomorrow after work what fluid comes out.

The 6.0s liked to lift the heads when you put all mods on it. Too much boost will lit even with the ARP head studs.

I had a programmer about a year ago in it... With that I had 41lbs of boost... Ran great until just a couple months ago... Not sayin that's not it but I would thing i would have problems sooner right? Only code in the truck is for the EGR which is gone... Oil/fuel comin out of glow plugs when I crank it.

these 6.0 have so many problems i have an 07 f250 with the 6.0 i still have a powertrain warrenty for another 30k but i have noticed most problems accure when modding it, mine is bone stock and will stay that way, good luck to you

Well you don't need to worry about the EGR system or head lift, if Fuel/oil is coming out.

I would start looking at the injectors not being controlled by the ECU or bad injectors all together. Did you get fuel out of every cylinder? or was it just one or 2.

I don't know Fords or much about other automotive engines but I do know Diesels, I am more on the Construction Diesel side.

ok, sorry for lack of info.... it only locks up but i only have to remove the pass glowplugs and oil/fuel comes out... i think im gonna pull the injectors... i been told there might be a cracked injector... so thats my next step... ill let you guys know what i find! thanks again for the input!!!

Back