• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2001 xj build (I know nothing)

Thanks. It looks really nice from about 20 feet. In the driver side pic you can sort of see the new dent right behind the door and in front of the gas cap.

About a month ago i did shackle re-location brackets and set the angle to about 45 deg. The rear was an 1" higher than the front. After the Rubicon the rear is about an 1.5" lower than the front. I lost about 2.5"s in the rear. I have rusty's 4.5" coils in the front and an add a leaf in the rear. It will be about 4 to 6 months before i can buy new leaf and coils, but i would really like some input. the leafs are almost flat now. I want ome but they only give 2 to 3 inches of lift. Thoughts?

Had a little deer hunting trip 11/4/2012. Went thought the rubicon with no problem this summer and one little rock on the hunting trip and I blow up a u-joint and the tabs on the inner axle(spindle?). Pulled the inner axle and put the tire back on finished hunt. When i got home installed the spare. The new 6 month old ball joints fell off in my hand. Some how they failed very quickly or the u-joint caused enough force to ruin the upper and lower ball joints?

Good thing we only drive to camp and hike to hunt.

390.jpg

396.jpg

394.jpg

when you pop a u joint sometimes the inner ears ride up and over the outer ears. It pops the balljoints.

Back