• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2001 xj build (I know nothing)

I did the Lebaron hood vents. I got them from a member on here. They work great. I was having heat soak and no problems now.
002.jpg

001.jpg

What are you welding with? The welds look pitted are you cleaning the metal good before welding? you want to make sure you have good penetration when working on suspension parts last thing you want to have happen is brake something while your cruising down the highway.

Yeah that would be bad. For all the non critical stuff i have a linclon 100 pak. For the suspinsion stuff I'm using an older 220 arc welder with e6011 rod.

why not use the lincoln for everything? i have a 90 and i do 3/16" with it all day without any problems. the welds will look a lot cleaner. assuming you use gas and not flux core...

damn those vents look nice!! did you repaint them? what color did you use?

i have some for my xj too. and it's white like yours. was contemplating on painting white or black.

It is a flux core. I was grinding them smooth and a welder said i should leave them with the extra material. I will be grinding the rosettes on the frame stiffeners.

I should have had someone else weld the long arms/crossmember. I started with pretty good looking welds then went over them, I would weld, grind, re-weld, grind, re-weld. I will most likely worry about them forever.

ohhh, man, the black looks nice too! im keeping my stock white bumpers tho..

that is a nice bumper tho, who is it from? or did you make it?

All the skids(teraflex oil pan 25$, skid row transfer case free, and home brew oil pan) are installed and I hope to have the rock sliders installed some time tomorrow or the next day.

I did this fan override and it is great! No CEL.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1025399
http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=5059

We(my two girls 3 and 5) went and did some hill climbs and whopties flexed the suspension as far as I could and every thing worked great. The fan switch drops the temp fast.

Working on a roof rack.

My tire carrier work in progress.

tirerackandsliders001.jpg

A quick pull pin and it swings open very nice.
tirerackandsliders002.jpg

I really like my rock sliders i installed them on an angle.
tirerackandsliders003.jpg

tirerackandsliders004.jpg

First run though the Rubicon this weekend. Went last year as my dad's spotter. When I got home I sold the Ford explorer and bought the cherokee the first week of August. The wife would say i have spent all year in the garage trying to get ready for this weekend.

Wow what a cool weekend. Made it through with one small scratch. Jeep did great.
IMG_5927.jpg

IMG_5906.jpg

IMG_5258.jpg

saw two roll overs within 2 hours

IMG_5979.jpg

Every one was ok.
IMG_5967.jpg

wow that xj took it pretty hard. glad everyone is ok and you made it through damage free.

Back