• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2.75, or 2.5" coil spacers

These are the best lift springs I was able too find!

SuperSprings.jpg

hahahahah:D!

TNT said:
Just buy some new coils. By adding spacers you will compress the springs further then they are designed to compress and they will sag even more. 3" springs with 3" spacers need at least 3" bumpstops if not 4"...

Buy some 5.5" R.E. coils or 6" Skyjacker coils for the increased spring rate. The increased rate will offset the added weight for proper handing. You can always cut the spring some if it's too tall also.

My personal choice would be some 5.5" Deaver JeepSpeed coils.

Then sell your spacers and ProComp springs and enjoy having your mods done right...

You will need the correct bumpstops and shocks to match. Sell your old shocks too...

I don't get it. First you say don't add spacers because they compress the spring and will cause sagging (but all you are doing is adding a different point on the truck, NOT compressing the spring), then 2 seconds later you talk about CUTTING a spring which is a BIG NO NO when it comes to spring rate and spring life.

silverslk said:
I don't get it. First you say don't add spacers because they compress the spring and will cause sagging (but all you are doing is adding a different point on the truck, NOT compressing the spring), then 2 seconds later you talk about CUTTING a spring which is a BIG NO NO when it comes to spring rate and spring life.
:bs: :bs: :bs:

Cutting half or one coil off of the spring won't hurt the coils life span unless you use a torch or excessive heat. As for the change in spring rate it would slightly increase it which would help deal with the added weight. If you don't believe me PM Goatman, he has been using cut coils for a long time. Properly cutting a spring won't a problem....

As for talking about compressing the spring I mean when you compress the spring over bumps or flexing. A spring is only meant to compress so far, go too far it will cause sagging and possible coil bind or failure. A longer spring can compress farther and allow more travel.

A 3" spring usually has a 1" bumpstop, add 2" spacer and now you need 3" bumpstops. A 4.5"-5" spring usually use a 2" bumpstop. The longer spring allows the spring to compess further without the damage/sagging caused by over compression.....

Obviously the correct length shocks and bumpstops should also be used.

buy new coils from rustys

Back