• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Installed my tailbone! (Pics)

bosco01xj

NAXJA Forum User
I got the chance to install detours tailbone this weekend with some help from eric. Here she blows.

detours2.jpg

detours1.jpg

I really like the way it looks. I need to get one for mine someday.

How long did it take to install?

not long at all. it took me longer than it should have though due to my own errors. its about a 2-3 hour job. if you remove a bumper or hitch on the same install day... i'd add several more hours. lol.

I like that! I think I'd rather the tire be on the passenger side though.

Looks great. I think the tire being right behind the drivers side will let you look over your right shoulder for lane changes, opens that right corner up ya know.

The part I dread is removing the broken bumper bolts from my existing bumper. Yuck!

My hitch has been off recently with lots of anti-seize added during reassembly. Should come off easily.

The part I dread is removing the broken bumper bolts from my existing bumper. Yuck!

My hitch has been off recently with lots of anti-seize added during reassembly. Should come off easily.

Toughest part for me was removing the hitch (Breaker bar and hi lift handle were my best friend). It was a little hairy getting access to the top mounting bolts for the bumper. Overall I enjoyed the process. I got to use my new Skil angle grinder!

That looks nice. Mark makes good stuff!!

That's what you need Ed!

looks good! very clean looking...

One thing about the tire carrier. I know a lot of people, even mark, have said that the tire placement is in the natural blind spot. I need to know how everyone sits when they drive. I could see out of my entire back window without my head being in the way. The tire greatly reduces my visibility. No complaints here though. I love it. Just curious about this natural blind spot thing.

That's a nice piece of work, Mark is the man!

If I didn't carry my spare 35 in the pass side of the rear seat area, (or what use to be the rear seat) then I would get one. I like to keep my COG low so the rear seat area works good for me. I drop off a lot of stuff so I would most likely do some kind of damage to the carrier or the hatch as well.

how long you think itll be before the popo stops you for your tag being half covered?
id be paranoid as hell.

probably sooner than later. i'm gonna go to home depot and pick up some stuff to make a relocation bracket shortly. no worries here. if i get pulled over before then, i'll tell him/her the bracket's on the way.

Back