• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Worcester MA help?

MJCfromCT

NAXJA Forum User
Hi everyone,

To make a long story short, I'm in Worcester, MA, and need help with tightening my serpentine belt. I just don't have the tools or the experience under the hood to do the work myself. Dad (the car guru) is ~200mi away and won't be able to lend a hand until much later this week. I know it is short notice, but is there anyone in the Worcester, MA area who can help me out? I'm just a college kid, but I can throw in 50 bucks for your trouble. If anyone could help me out in the next 24 hours, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Where in Worcester are you? What happened to the belt? How long has it been loose/off?

reelbigdundy87,

Thanks for the reply. To make a long story short, I got the belt replaced by my dad while I was home in CT for the weekend, drove it home and noticed it slipping a bit, checked it, was loose...checked it the next moring, even looser...car was undriveable due to a lack of power steering and very low voltage...I attempted to tighten it myself, but for reasons beyond my knowledge, the adjustment bolt on the power steering assembly is not there.

The "urgency" of my need to get this repaired has passed, and I'm more than likely going to get my father to take a trip up to Worcester to help troubleshoot this.

Sounds like the bolts weren't torqued back up after the belt was replaced. Double check the bolts and belt tension after running for a few minutes next time...providing you can work with your dad on it this time around.

im in worcester every day, i work on cambridge street, maybe i can swing by at lunch with some tool, or u can come by my work, i dont have tools with me today but i can tomorrow. let me know, keep your 50 bucks too lol lunch will work if u would like

Last edited:
Back