• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TNT Long Arm installation

tcm glx

NAXJA Member #1033
Any install tips for the TNT LA kit would be greatly appreciated, will be installing LA kit this weekend.......

from what I have heard its a total waste of money and re-selling it for no more than $200 shipped is the best tip I have heard.
I would think the usual PB Blaster of everything that will be touched is a good idea. I thought I saw an install on here once before tho, atleast once.
Good luck with the install, and feed back on how it works, I would like to make this upgrade next summer if the house n wedding n honey moon budget allows it.

friend of mine installed in on his xj, he's on this board so hopefully he will chime in. on thing i remember him saying is a 90 degreee drill and some good bits would go a long way.

Mike

Use a Unibit to drill the holes in the unibody rail. Well worth the $30 or so cost of the bit. I did not need a right angle drill. Take measurements 3 times before drilling. Mount and tighten the control arms on the belly pan before you hoist it up into place. Once the pan is mounted, you don't have room to get the bolts in for the control arms. If you are not using the
TNT unibody protectors, you will need to shorten the sleeves by 3/16". The belly pan is heavy so having a friend around is helpful.

beakie said:
from what I have heard its a total waste of money and re-selling it for no more than $200 shipped is the best tip I have heard.
I would think the usual PB Blaster of everything that will be touched is a good idea. I thought I saw an install on here once before tho, atleast once.
Good luck with the install, and feed back on how it works, I would like to make this upgrade next summer if the house n wedding n honey moon budget allows it.

WOW, are you kidding? Never heard anything bad about the TNT kit....

Gasman said:
Use a Unibit to drill the holes in the unibody rail. Well worth the $30 or so cost of the bit. I did not need a right angle drill. Take measurements 3 times before drilling. Mount and tighten the control arms on the belly pan before you hoist it up into place. Once the pan is mounted, you don't have room to get the bolts in for the control arms. If you are not using the
TNT unibody protectors, you will need to shorten the sleeves by 3/16". The belly pan is heavy so having a friend around is helpful.

Agreed

tcm glx said:
I am assuming he was kidding...

Yeah, I re-read it after I had my morning coffee and picked up on the sarcasm....:banghead:

Agree on the step bit, and measuring 3 times before drilling.

The directions were fine from what I recall, and explained a lot. Read them over before you start though, incase you dont know what they are talking about.

Also, if you plan on doing an sye, do it before the long arm. It was a pita to do it with the skid on there.

Only pics I can find at the moment that arnt a blatant poser pics.

22519013353.jpg

SierraFest2007127.jpg

Gasman said:
Here's a couple I had handy:

IMG_1909.jpg

IMG_1903.jpg
do you have any clear shots of where all the bolts go threw the unibody cause i'm about to build some sliders for my jeep and i plan on getting the tnt y-link kit in the future and don't want the sliders mounting points to be in the way thanks

mustangconv85 said:
do you have any clear shots of where all the bolts go threw the unibody cause i'm about to build some sliders for my jeep and i plan on getting the tnt y-link kit in the future and don't want the sliders mounting points to be in the way thanks

Here you go:

Driver side
IMG_2395.jpg

Passenger side
IMG_2393.jpg

Back