• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FAST EFI Retrofit

XJ-Mayhem

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Has anyone run or have experience with using a FAST EFI retrofit kit on a 4.0?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fst-302000-06

Looking for any info out there on setting this up on a 4.0 or ideally if anyone’s got a build thread that documents an install. I’m looking at a project that has an unfinished installation of this FAST system and I’d like to know what I’m getting into.

Isn't that kit for a 8 cylinder? What year xj are you dealing with?

That's part of the information I'm looking for. Yes, it comes with the ability to control 8 injectors, however I believe you're able to set however many cylinders you want to control in the computer.

Looks like a Renix intake with possibly a modified Renix fuel rail to me?

From the pictures it appears that the sensors have already been changed over to the GM ones required and that the FAST harness is alredy plugged in. But I have yet to see the project in person yet and the person selling it did not do the initial work so they don't know for sure.

20231016_162351-jpg.759427

20231016_162344-jpg.759426

20231016_162339-jpg.759425

Yikes !!!

I don't like projects like that with to many unknowns but I would definately call Fast.

Yes, there's always a risk, but that's why I'm trying to do some homework. If the EZ-EFI system is as easy as they advertise it shouldn't be too much trouble.

I've spent over 30 minutes on hold waiting for someone at "The Edlebrock Group" to pickup the phone. Gotta love corporate consolidation, so good for the customer!

Found exactly what I needed from someone else.

Got confirmation that not only does that exact system work on a 4.0, he still is running the setup on one of his race cars. It functions well and is relatively easy to setup even for novices.

Perfect, all I needed to feel comfortable there was a solution at the end of the tunnel.

Back