• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project: Betsy

FlexdXJ

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
Well, to hell with it I want a build thread too! :D

Most of you know the story about my first Jeep and how it ended up like this:

S7300694.jpg

Well, in January 2010 I picked up Betsy. Had 93k miles, a BB and new 31x10.5's

Here is how she looked when I got her
S7300726-1.jpg

A couple days later i got some better shots with the Surco rack added.

S7300762.jpg

Then a few weeks later I added HID's. I know the pattern kinda sucks but they are bright!
DSCF0059.jpg

I added the rails from my first jeep but didn't get pics. Just in time for WF! :D Also added a JCR t-case skid

Some time in here I added LED dome lights and LED's in the gauge cluster.

Then My JCR bumpers came:
Frontbumper.jpg

rearbumper.jpg

Installed a ZJ skid plate for the tank when I added the rear bumper.

Somewhere after this I added JCR upper quarter guards but apparently my pics are gone.

Last edited:
This past weekend with the help of GoSlowGetStuck and the crew we got some more air under her by way of a set of OME 934 coils, CS034RA packs with AAL's, OME shocks and an Iron Rock Offroad trackbar!

2011-01-30_18-58-22_835.jpg

2011-01-30_21-23-43_483.jpg

Ended up around 3.5-4" of lift out of it

what happened to your first Jeep? I dont think anyone has heard a thing about it! .!.:D.!.

what happened to your first Jeep? I dont think anyone has heard a thing about it! .!.:D.!.

An unfortunate cheese eating accident...........:D

The bumper on your old XJ looked like it was okay, was it not save able?

The bumper on your old XJ looked like it was okay, was it not save able?

It was tweaked pretty bad it could have been saved for a trail rig i'm sure.

this build thread brings the geys

:D

Last edited:
I'll have to make a build thread then and we'll have to see who's looks better...

Did you do 2.5in OME springs with extended shackles, or 3.5? I ask cause OME is discontinuing the 3.5 packs and sticking with 2 and 2.5...

99SJ 'I got the last set of 3.5 from our supplier' Ex

I'll have to make a build thread then and we'll have to see who's looks better...

Did you do 2.5in OME springs with extended shackles, or 3.5? I ask cause OME is discontinuing the 3.5 packs and sticking with 2 and 2.5...

99SJ 'I got the last set of 3.5 from our supplier' Ex

I used CS034RA packs and OME D22XL AAL's out back. I ended up close to 4" all around even with my heavy ass bumpers.

Ohhh..... pfffft....

If the 3.5's raise mine higher than it currently sits, I gotta add spacers up front and switch out my shocks for longer ones....

Ohhh..... pfffft....

If the 3.5's raise mine higher than it currently sits, I gotta add spacers up front and switch out my shocks for longer ones....

Eh if its not much more I wouldn't worry. I prefer it to be a little taller in the rear because I tow stuff. Right now it looks like i'm gonna have the California lean going on with mine once I hook the camper up.

Nice thread, man. Check around FB for pics of your quarter guards. I think you posted them up there.

Nice thread, man. Check around FB for pics of your quarter guards. I think you posted them up there.

Yeah good call, they are on the card in my crackberry I can always pull them off of there. I will take the SD card and battery out before I blow that phone all to hell!

I think I remember hearing about something like that..maybe something like she was driving a Lotus and doing 125mph drunk or something? :dunno: I think he may have had pics on his camera...did anyone hear about the camera getting stolen? :D

:roflmao:Sick burn!

she was driving a Lotus and doing 125mph drunk or something?

My Maserati does 185.........I lost my license now I don't drive! :D

Back