• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Golden Mtn - Flog: Nov 12-14, 2010

Lowrange2

NAXJA Forum User
I know this is 2 months from now but I figured I'd go ahead and get this started. That's my goal date for finishing up the new stuff on the Jeep.

How solid are the dates as of right now? I need to put in my vacation time at work.

Are we going to have a group rate and reservations or will it be first come first served kinda thing? Or will the rates be the same as posted on their site?

I don't know who's organizing this but I'll be there either way and I'll be glad to help. Just let me know.

Re: Golden Mtn - Flog

I really need to get my Jeep built before then haha. I have most of the big parts other than the axle shafts... but I guess that could wait until after the trip if it absolutely had to. I do need to replace the passenger side front axle joint though if I can't get some RCVs by then. Its getting there... got the belly skid done, so once I build the structure for the floor pan then the chassis will be 100% done. I will still need to fabricate the floor pan (which will take the most time of all), make the body skins, plumb it, and install the wiring, make the d-shafts, and then wheel it! Getting close!

I really need to get my Jeep built before then haha. I have most of the big parts other than the axle shafts... but I guess that could wait until after the trip if it absolutely had to. I do need to replace the passenger side front axle joint though if I can't get some RCVs by then. Its getting there... got the belly skid done, so once I build the structure for the floor pan then the chassis will be 100% done. I will still need to fabricate the floor pan (which will take the most time of all), make the body skins, plumb it, and install the wiring, make the d-shafts, and then wheel it! Getting close!
Not to mention you'll probably need to build my high steer and track bar before this run too.

I've got about half my passenger side floor pan welded back in. It does take forever! I've also gotta replace both joints in the axle shafts... as well as a list of things that fill up a whole piece of copy paper.

I wanna know whos organizing this run and what all needs to be done. For those of you that haven't seen it... Tenative dates are Nov 12-14. I figure we need to get put on GMPs calender of events. There's a 4runner Jamboree the weekend before we go...

The Flog is pretty informal so it doesn't require as much as the Crawl.

The Flog can be whatever those attending want it to be. Friday night potluck, Saturday night meal, provide your own meals, etc.

As far as dates go, they are on the same weekend as they have been in the past. Dates are correct. We do need to check with GM and get our names on the list.

I heard the other day that they are under new management. I wonder if Rocky is still there?

The Flog is pretty informal so it doesn't require as much as the Crawl.

The Flog can be whatever those attending want it to be. Friday night potluck, Saturday night meal, provide your own meals, etc.

As far as dates go, they are on the same weekend as they have been in the past. Dates are correct. We do need to check with GM and get our names on the list.

I heard the other day that they are under new management. I wonder if Rocky is still there?

If you'd like I can give them a call in a while. I don't suppose they do group rates? How far in advance have you guys been reserving sites?

I'm hoping we have a pretty good turnout since it'll be in a more centralized location. Plus, I wanna sit and watch all you guys try Bounty Hill. :)

Last edited:

Sure, give them a shout and let them know we will be coming in Friday thru Sun.

It would be nice to have a pavillion but that is optional.

They really weren't that bad. It would be perfect if we knew exactly how many people were coming so we could split the cost of a pavilion...

Do I understand correctly that it will be $20 for you and your rig, $5 per extra person and $15 per day after that? Plus $20 per campsite for the weekend? Do I have to pay for a campsite if I sleep in the back of my tow rig? lol So, for me and my better half for fri - sun should cost about $85?

Friday - $20 for me, $5 for her and $20 for the site.
Saturday - $15 for me and $5 for her.
Sunday - $15 for me and $5 for her.
That's $85. Do I pay for sunday if we leave around 1pm?

I will have to look at the fees but that is probably about right. We rode GM last year about this time of year and they have since upgraded the facilities and reworked the pricing.

Don't forget the shower fee.

I will have to look at the fees but that is probably about right. We rode GM last year about this time of year and they have since upgraded the facilities and reworked the pricing.

Don't forget the shower fee.

lol, Idk if I can afford the shower fee. I was thinking about just bathing in the pond. $3 is kinda steep.

Here is what they have on their website. It reads to me that you have to pay a daily rig and driver fee...so $20 for the rig and $5 for the driver on day 1, $15 for the rig and $5 for the driver on subsequent days.

WHAT ARE THE DATES????
--------------------------------------------
Rates

Vehicles

$20/per vehicle – 1st day
$15 each additional day

Persons

$5/day

Camping

• 8 RV Hookups – $25/day
  • 11 Camp Sites – $20/weekend, $10/day
  • Showers – $3 per person, per shower
  • 5 Bunkhouses – $50/day (plus $50 refundable deposit)

Each bunkhouse has:
    • Bathroom/Shower
    • Central Heat/AC
    • Small Refrigerator
    • Microwave
    • Bed Linens/Towels
    • Visit the Bunks page for more
Pavilions

#2 Pavilion – $75/day (has electricity and water)
#3 Pavilion – $60/day (has electricity and water)
#4 Pavilion – $40/day (no electricity and water)
#5 Pavilion – $40/day (no electricity and water)
Large Pavilion (150-200 people) – $150 1st day, $100 each additional day

Additional Facilities

2 Bathrooms (ladies/men) with hot/cold water and multiple stalls located at racetrack headquarters
4 Bathrooms with Showers (2 ladies/2 men) with dressing area located at racetrack headquarters
4 Bathrooms (2 men/2 women) with hot/cold water located at top of mountain

Personally... I think the "new management" is trying to put themselves out of business. They are trying to charge Windrock prices for Aetna mountain facilities.

Im still pumped about going, and I will be there, but its just ashamed that they feel the need to inflate the prices so much.

Oh well. Gotta get my heep done so I too can have fun!

We need to talk to them to see if we can ride on Friday.

The initial dates are November 12-14 (Friday thru Sunday)

I live just over an hour away, so I may just ride during the day to save the camping bill.

$20 is for driver/vehicle.

It says the park opens at 6pm Friday thru 6pm Sunday. Unless I misread that.

Ah, I didn't read that.

The park opens at 6pm on Fridays and closes at 6pm on Sundays. Advance reservations to open earlier or stay open longer will be honored.

I will be there.

It would be nice to get an idea of how many plan on going so maybe we could check on deals or exclusive use of the park. Please post up so we can get an idea of what to expect.

I think things are just slow in general, not necessarily the result of the subforum. This time of year many are going back to college or their kids are starting school, so it gets a little slow around here a couple of times per year.

I will be there.

It would be nice to get an idea of how many plan on going so maybe we could check on deals or exclusive use of the park. Please post up so we can get an idea of what to expect.

I think things are just slow in general, not necessarily the result of the subforum. This time of year many are going back to college or their kids are starting school, so it gets a little slow around here a couple of times per year.

x2 It also gets slow on Weekends. LOL!

Back