NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > Colorado Chapter
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Colorado Chapter Discussion of Chapter issues. Please keep Tech Topics on the Tech Forums.

Old April 10th, 2013, 13:43
NAXJA Forum User

Better way to get down to Chinawall from Southwest Denver?

Are there really no roads you can take at all in those yellow ovals to get down there? Is it really I-25 to US-24, or 285 to Co Rd 77? Are there any service roads down there that connect anything? I should probly go buy a real map or something. I was hoping someone here may know of a way to get down there that doesn't take 2 hours by highway. I don't mind if it takes 2 hours by dirt service road. Just seeing if I can string some things together.

Old April 10th, 2013, 16:23
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Better way to get down to Chinawall from Southwest Denver?

I would definitely skip the 285 drive. YUCK>
Go 25 to 24.
Old April 10th, 2013, 18:07
NAXJA Forum User

Roll down 67 from sedalia and go to Deckers, take a right in Deckers towards Buffalo Creek/Pine area, but take a Left on FR 211. Maybe a mile or two out of Deckers before you start climbing. Take 211 all the way to Tarryall Rd. then go Right. China Wall will be a couple miles up the road. Might take some time, longer than 285 to Jefferson or 25 to the Springs through Woodland Park, but its almost all dirt roads!

Edit: Goose Creek Rd I believe.
Old April 10th, 2013, 19:08
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by in4aride View Post
I would definitely skip the 285 drive. YUCK>
Go 25 to 24.
285 is definitely less than desirable most of the time. More scenic and only slightly less crazy than SB I-25 south of 470. Bleh, it's six of one and half a dozen of the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
Roll down 67 from sedalia and go to Deckers, take a right in Deckers towards Buffalo Creek/Pine area, but take a Left on FR 211. Maybe a mile or two out of Deckers before you start climbing. Take 211 all the way to Tarryall Rd. then go Right. China Wall will be a couple miles up the road. Might take some time, longer than 285 to Jefferson or 25 to the Springs through Woodland Park, but its almost all dirt roads!

Edit: Goose Creek Rd I believe.
This sounds awesome. Thinking I might make it a day Sunday. Who's with me?!
Old April 10th, 2013, 19:14
NAXJA Forum User

would be a good trail for my sister to learn more on. But I fly out this weekend.
Old April 10th, 2013, 19:20
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
would be a good trail for my sister to learn more on. But I fly out this weekend.
Ooooh, flying? Fancy. Where to?
Old April 10th, 2013, 19:34
NAXJA Forum User

Ya I am kind bummed. A lot of fun stuff this and next weekend ill be missing out on.
Eh outside of Sacramento for a few weeks.
Old April 10th, 2013, 19:39
NAXJA Forum User

Shouldn't be too bad. Have a double long island iced tea on the beach for me? Weather should be nicer than we've seen here the last two days.. Doing anything fun while you're out there? Family? Work?

Make sure there's lots of fruit and a little umbrella, otherwise it doesn't count.
Old April 10th, 2013, 19:42
NAXJA Forum User

Eh no beach. Be on my grandparents ranch. Old man had surgery a week ago and my grandmother goes in the 15th. There is a lot of work that needs to be done on the property and since he doesnt like driving anymore someone needs to drive em all around.
So basically family and lots of free labor LOL
Heavy drinking when I get back
Old April 10th, 2013, 19:47
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Eh no beach. Be on my grandparents ranch. Old man had surgery a week ago and my grandmother goes in the 15th. There is a lot of work that needs to be done on the property and since he doesnt like driving anymore someone needs to drive em all around.
So basically family and lots of free labor LOL
Heavy drinking when I get back
Noble of you, sir. Sorry to hear of all the fuss about surgery. I'm terrified even thinking about surgery.

It could be worse though, imagine if they lived in Bastrop, Texas or something... A ranch in California still sounds better than most the scenery around here east of the front range.
Old April 10th, 2013, 21:52
NAXJA Forum User

Anyone been over to Webster Pass in the last couple weeks? Thinking about hitting it up on the dirt scoot tomorrow or Friday maybe.
Old April 10th, 2013, 22:02
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigJeepsBrah View Post
Noble of you, sir. Sorry to hear of all the fuss about surgery. I'm terrified even thinking about surgery.

It could be worse though, imagine if they lived in Bastrop, Texas or something... A ranch in California still sounds better than most the scenery around here east of the front range.
Ya its not bad. Mostly orchard, and then some field. LOTS of fence and water lines to repair, but will be in the 70's and 80's and they are pretty decently away from town. By beile AFB if you know where that is.

Another thing about china wall - to stay on topic - It felt like a bummer to me after we ran it in the Xterra. Wished we woulda just takin the time to go to BV and hit chinamens or grizzly.
Old April 10th, 2013, 22:13
NAXJA Forum User

Funny you mention Chinamens.. I was just watching some youtubing of it.. Doesn't really look that bad. Just gotta rip off my end caps and watch the t-case clearance. People talk about it like it's nasty chit.

I guess I just wanna go do the "wall" at China Wall. Before I left for Moab I was apprehensive about trying China Wall because of that obstacle. However post Moab I want to eat it for breakfast. At least in Colorado when you screw up you don't fall several hundred feet to your inevitable fiery death.

Man, to be honest doing some work on a ranch out there doing irrigation and fence repair sounds pretty bitchin... Maybe not for free, but at least some beer. Y'know, for morale.

I like that kinda work, sets you free by the end of the day. You feel freaking great.

That is until it's 90-100 degrees, then you just kinda wanna freaking die..
Old April 10th, 2013, 22:24
NAXJA Forum User

Chinamens is not nasty. At all. Sliders are mandatory if you like your rockers or doors, regardless of tire size, my truck is proof of that.
But 31's and a rear locker or 33's open/open and it is a breeze. It can be done smaller. just takes confidence in your ability to wheel your rig.
Old April 10th, 2013, 22:34
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Chinamens is not nasty. At all. Sliders are mandatory if you like your rockers or doors, regardless of tire size, my truck is proof of that.
But 31's and a rear locker or 33's open/open and it is a breeze. It can be done smaller. just takes confidence in your ability to wheel your rig.
Sliders, open/open, 32's, lots of new found confidence in my rig and my abilities post Moab. Got a whole new respect for my rig, and impressed my lady so much even she wants to spend some coin on the heep to do some more nasty trails. She's getting the bug man!

....No sense in telling her about these bats I thought, the poor girl would be seeing them soon enough.

The freaking bumper end caps are coming off tomorrow though.

and the fender flares.