• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Santa's tear-down/swap/build-up

juryrigjalopy

NAXJA Forum User
4xSanta, my Dad, rolled his jeep last night 5 times end over end on Cleghorn totalling the jeep, running gear look fine though. The body was twisted and the engine was tired before the roll so now he can start off with a new body and do it right.

Some pics of when it he bought it from the bigtex guy in Texas:

Last edited by a moderator:
Pics from the cage going in:

Pics when the cage was new:

Action shots:

more:

more:

and after the roll:

more:

So I think that at this point the plan is to swap all the goodies over to a new body (blue 4 door) with a healthy engine and go from there. We will see what happens.

RIP "Sleigh #1"....here comes Sleigh #2. It seemed like the roll cage looked OK after the roll. Is it salvagable or did it get tweaked?

Like I said in the other thread, If I am available and its not insanely far away, Id love to pitch in and lend a hand to getting a new rig built for Santa. So keep us updated, I can always haul parts up from San Diego as well if you need anything from this neck of the woods.

MongoXJ said:
Like I said in the other thread, If I am available and its not insanely far away, Id love to pitch in and lend a hand to getting a new rig built for Santa. So keep us updated, I can always haul parts up from San Diego as well if you need anything from this neck of the woods.

sounds like somebody wants to be on the 'nice' list this christmas.....:rof:

djblade311 said:
RIP "Sleigh #1"....here comes Sleigh #2. It seemed like the roll cage looked OK after the roll. Is it salvagable or did it get tweaked?

It was "OK", but it showed signs of stress in several critical places. Given the option, a new cage would be better; but I would not hesitate to run that cage before no cage..

I think santa needs to build a new cage and sell me his old for a 12 pack. ;)

I think that it will be easier to tell how the cage held up after the roof is cut off.

I don't think that it would be too difficult to cut the top part off the cage then build a new bottom half that would attatch to the top half with i.d. sleeves. About an inch or so of headroom could be recovered as well. because it can be almost touching the roof.

There are stress marks at the A pillars and D? (rearmost legs), the paint is cracked and distorted. I'd still trust it in a heartbeat, but given circumstance Santa might want more reassurance than that. :)

Will start the new build tomorrow,looking for blue 4 door with good engine(Have extra red tailgate in stock,I must keep the imige yaknow)My frikin head sure hurts,will be coating my head with herkuliner in the furture to avoid this...........SANTA

4xSanta said:
Will start the new build tomorrow,looking for blue 4 door with good engine(Have extra red tailgate in stock,I must keep the imige yaknow)My frikin head sure hurts,will be coating my head with herkuliner in the furture to avoid this...........SANTA

Ken....LISTEN TO ME.......if your head hurts....HAVE IT LOOKED AT!!

and....you have full use of my shop for anything you need to get done.

OH.....and BTW I told you that you needed to learn how to drive...
damn kids...

:D

He drove down from Big Bear this morning and went to the doctor, my brother said that he would not help him unload the jeep until he did. They said that there was nothing in there to damage, just a little air, it was probably ATF and not blood coming from his head.

What I find most creepy, is that I might just believe that.

Back