• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ATTN! 20th anniversary of the XJ event info

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I'm wondering how many of you plan to attend the XJ 20th anniversary celebration in Moab, Oct 7-12 2003. We are currently working on plans for the event, trying to get important things nailed down so we can include them in announcements about the event. Since we'll only do an event of this scope every five years (20th, 25th, etc.), we want to give people plenty of lead time to make plans.

I'm asking each of the chapters, and some non-NAXJA XJ groups, to each take on one activity at the event as a group project. We need a group to handle registration, including selling raffle tickets and t-shirts at the event. We're going to have a show and shine, with awards, and we need a group to set this up and do the judging. We want to have a vendor display along with the car show, and we need a group to handle food for this evening. We will also need a group to handle food for whatever we do on Saturday night. Please ask any questions you may have about what's involved in doing any of these things.

So far, we have people to handle the safety inspections, the vendor display, the give-away XJ, and the main Friday night dinner.

Who's planning to go, and what would you like to help with?

Richard G
20th Anninversary Event coordinator

I will definately be there again although I don't know who else plans on attending as it is almost a year away.
I'd be happy to help with registration (I may actually know what I'm doing this time!) and hang banners again.

Jes

Yup.

Let me know what's needed. I'm a fair hand on the BBQ........

CRASH

So far, here's what I would like a group to take on as a project.

Handling registration at the event, which includes having enough volunteers to have a couple people posted at a registration table each morning and each afternoon/evening. They would also sell raffle tickets.

Putting on the show and shine/car show on Thursday. We want to hang out for the evening with the rigs parked and displayed so everyone can check them out. We also want to have a couple of different categories for awards. We need a group to set this up and be judges. :lol:

Serving hot dogs and whatever else at the vendor display/show and shine. We'd like to have food so everyone can hang for the evening, look at the vendor displays and check out all the rigs.

Setting up and cooking burgers for the Saturday evening get toghether.

We're going to have the main dinner and raffle on Friday night, and we have dinner handled for that. So, which thing would you like to commit to doing?

Richard G

I plan to be there as well! I'd be willing to help out at registration, ie sign up, t-shirts dispersal, raffle tickets, etc. Got pretty good at counting and handling raffle tickets at registration, the event before last.

Doh!... Forgot to sign in before posting above...,<sigh> Anyhoo, the "guest" above is me....

Ivan

We should discuss this Thursday and get a good count of Sierra members planning to attend.

I plan on bringing the family out to this event and would be able to help where needed. We may not be there the whole week though since we are combining this trip with a visit to the Grand Canyon.

Being a Moab virgin, is it better to come the first part of the week or be there for the finale?

Jeff

Dear God,

[size=24:100341a6ed]PLEASE [/size:100341a6ed]let me be a judge for the "Show and Shine" event!

Thank you.

CRASH

As it stands I'm planning on going, but If next years turns out similar to this years than I'll once again have to back out.

I do believe the honor of show & shine judge should be given to the only other person with a more %$*&@ up rig than yours Andy. That would be the honorable Sean P Lane & trail speed bump poodles. :shock:

Matt

I accept this honor. You will need to keep all BFH's out of my reach while I check out all the pretty XJs as I will want to "initiate the unintiated"

SeanP

Show and Shine

Sean, you [b:1cf1e1b032][i:1cf1e1b032]do[/i:1cf1e1b032][/b:1cf1e1b032] realize that if you're judging, your jeep can't win:) Orrrr maybe it can, what the heck do I know?

So, did you all come up with something at your Thursday meeting? I think it would be cool if you guys organized the show and shine. West Coast dudes know what well built rigs are. :mrgreen:

Richard G

Back