• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Off Road Park!

Stumpalump

NAXJA Forum User
Richard Robilio the originator of the Superlift Hot Springs off road park has done it again! This time 17 miles south of Trinidad Colorado in Raton New Mexico. Great town for camping ,hotels and food. Right between Moab and those traveling from the east. You guys are the first and I mean the first to here about this and we need some help. If you guys know the people that organize the rock crawling events, or any kind of off road event oganizers including ATV's and dirt bikes, could you get me their names? Do you know anybody in southern Colorado or closer to Raton that would be willing to get involved in making trails and being a trail guide for large events? Would any of you guys be willing to take a ride down on some weekends to help lay out trails and make sure we take advantage of the terain we have in a way that will satisfy all users? If you can think of anybody that would want to get involved at any level please let me know. Thanks.

Frank Z said:
Is this a private venture?
Yes but the entire town is behind the project because of the visitors it will bring.

When's the last time you got to wheel on fresh moutain topsoil? Whens the last time you looked into the mountains and said " I think that would be a great place for a trail, lets make one." Don't let the almighty doller has cloud your opinion of a fine new kind of wheeling oportunity. I wheeled Richard out in Hot Srings and it never cost me a dime. In fact I got paid to trail guide on some events that generated real income like Jeep Jamboree and Sports in the Rough events.

Stumpalump said:
When's the last time you got to wheel on fresh moutain topsoil? Whens the last time you looked into the mountains and said " I think that would be a great place for a trail, lets make one." Don't let the almighty doller has cloud your opinion of a fine new kind of wheeling oportunity. I wheeled Richard out in Hot Srings and it never cost me a dime. In fact I got paid to trail guide on some events that generated real income like Jeep Jamboree and Sports in the Rough events.

I'm in, let me know what I can do to help

Led said:
I'm in, let me know what I can do to help
Great! Thanks Led and Stang. This will be a long term deal so getting in good with Robilio now will pay off. You will never meet or wheel with a guy that is more fun than Richard and great spotters like you will be apreciated by him. I'll see what Richard needs at first but it may just be a chainsaw swinger and limb draggers. The land has basically a trail thru it and a barn or shop on it but the view from Google earth looks good for trails. Basically the land is just east of the first Raton exit. He's heading to Memphis for the holidays and the paperwork was signed this week so not much has been started.

Stumpalump said:
Great! Thanks Led and Stang. This will be a long term deal so getting in good with Robilio now will pay off. You will never meet or wheel with a guy that is more fun than Richard and great spotters like you will be apreciated by him. I'll see what Richard needs at first but it may just be a chainsaw swinger and limb draggers. The land has basically a trail thru it and a barn or shop on it but the view from Google earth looks good for trails. Basically the land is just east of the first Raton exit. He's heading to Memphis for the holidays and the paperwork was signed this week so not much has been started.

I have a chainsaw nice Huskie. So I game for the tree clearing also. If I get my Super Duty running good I can bring it down also.

So it did happen... I am in...

Frank, I never told you about the park in the works but Richard is my best bud and he had an XJ on 36's in 1993. He is an XJ guy from way back and it would be cool if when he gets the park going he could count on us Colorado chapter XJ guys to be trail guides. If and when he hosts Jeep Jamboree and large events it's a blast to meet wheelers from all over the country and get in on the t-shirts,raffles and food that large events bring in. Like I said in my PM, guys that love to wheel and are good at keeping groups going will have a blast and that means you. Even if it takes 5 years like the Hot Springs park took at least we can have fun wheeling a new place just for helping out. It's not close so it won't be for everbody but I know Richard is counting on me and those I can round up to help get it going. Amorillo and Texas groups are being contacted as well as Hummer,Toyota and Rover clubs. How in the hell are those contraptions going to make it through trails with out an XJ showing them how it's done?

If you need help setting up a comp and getting into that pm me a number so I can call I used to be the announce for we-rock and have contacts in the industy of rock crawling and rock racing. I agree with Frank but if we do not support our sport it will die out in the end and if the promoters and land owners do not support the clubs they will have no responce when they hold an event. Catch 22

My time is very limited BUT for a GOOD cause private or not I am willing to lend a hand! Count me in and I will do what I can!!:patriot:

We have the spot. If you Google earth and look at the last Raton NM exit heading towards the Colorado boarder then it's the land directly east of the exit. I got you down to contact for work partys and open house runs.

Stumpalump said:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=641153
Richard is in TN and the Winrock off road park gang will visit in April. He's on his way to Hot Springs in the morning for a short visit and then he will be home to get started. Raton gets way less snow than us but I think they got hammered like us last week.

Raton is at the base of Raton Pass, which is 90 miles from me and I would say they get way less snow. I worked out of Raton for many years and they get quite a bit of snow.

Keep us posted. I am always willing to help open new trails.

Last edited:
Back