• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reschedule of event

itscheesey

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I know many of you have wondering what's going on. I have been patiently waiting for an answer from SBCP and as of today I was told they are still unsure. Also seeing as how many people probably wouldn't want to spend time with a large group so soon after the quarentine might be lifted I feel it is in our best interest to reschedule the event. I will be working on a date for the later part of the year with the rest of the BOD. Also I will try and see if I can extend our reservations to that date with the county.
Again I want to thank everyone with their patience on this.

Thanks Ryan

So I did not hear back from SBCP but I did receive an email yesterday from them about being reimbursed for the cabins. So we are officially moving the date to the first weekend in November. That's the 6-8 of November.

Unfortunately, even if I'm available for camping the weekend that includes 11/7/2020, I will not be there in my capacity as Treasurer. I don't want to do anything resembling "work" that weekend.

Anyone want to volunteer to spend some chunks of their time that weekend to sell raffle tickets, sell, sort & distribute event shirts, etc, and collect dinner money at the event?

We would like to make this.. but now that we tow the XJ on a Carson trailer instead of flat towing it, it brings up the question of how do we fit into a 42' camping spot with an RV and trailer that has a total of 50' ?

What do others do in this situation at the Calico campground?

Thanks

Last edited:
Calico is not a "tight" campground in my opinion. I would just try to reserve a spot in the ohv camp area that looks "big". Worst case scenario, they do have a trailer parking area....bring a tongue lock.

You can put the trailer in my spot at Cabin 3. The kids will have something new to climb on.

LOL nice.... I just may take you up on that! Climb away!!

I've been to that camping ground many times, but we've always stayed in area A around that circle.... knowing how tight those are.

But if there are larger areas better suited, we may do that.

We are trying to find out. It looks like Calico has instituted a no group events rule, in which case we will have to reschedule yet again. And the Ghost Town attractions are apparently also closed.
Ryan and Mark are double-checking and will notify.
Sorry for all of the confusion.

We are trying to find out. It looks like Calico has instituted a no group events rule, in which case we will have to reschedule yet again. And the Ghost Town attractions are apparently also closed.
Ryan and Mark are double-checking and will notify.
Sorry for all of the confusion.

Sounds like it may be best to reschedule anyways id that's the case.

But this would have been such an easy work-around:

Let's just call it a peaceful protest and we'll be fine.

:party:

Maybe we should just hold SCF in other states. Coincidentally enough, Arizona is now part of the SoCal chapter. And AFAIAC Idaho might as well be too.

Back