• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone out of work / looking for side jobs? Western PA / NY

kastein

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Not sure if I should put this here or in the classifieds... move if needed.

So here's the story. A friend of mine in the telecom/cell company business needs to have some new equipment delivered to remote cell tower sites in NY, PA, OH, IN, and MI. He called me up and asked me if I could take a week off work and drive the goods to all the sites. This would mostly involve highway driving with some back roads and mountain access roads near the end of each drop-off - no real wheeling unfortunately, all the access roads are passable by a stock 4 wheel drive vehicle from what he said. I've done side jobs for this guy in the past (generally on weekends) and he's always paid quite reasonably. I told him that there was no way I could get a week of vacation right now as my whole team is in crunch mode, but I'd see if I could find anyone... so I'm looking for one or more people to recommend to him. There is a possibility that I can have him drop ship the equipment to multiple locations so one person doesn't end up doing this whole massive drive, say one drop to MI, one to IN/OH, and one to PA/NY. Who's interested?

Sounds Interesting, What would the time frame for this be?

time frame - ASAP, he'd like today or tomorrow and driving stuff for 4-5 days. I know it's pretty short notice :eek:

Which states would you be interested in? I'm assuming NY and PA at least, and possibly the others?

Let me know, I lost your cell number but if I don't reply on here, feel free to text (or call, after business hours.)

EDIT: he may have found someone... hopefully not!

Just curious as to who this person is that would need this work done. I use to do alot of telcom/cell site work in the MA,NH,NY.NJ area and may know him.

I'd be interested, in PA NY. If he didnt find anyone let me know and ill pm you my #

I am fairly certain he has someone lined up now but will ask.

1999mj - he recently moved from another company in wisconsin, so I'm not sure you'd know him. Name is Tony though, just in case.

Back