• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Warn Rear Bumper, Anybody?

keel5

Member #1064
I am thinking about getting one of these bumpers with the spare tire carrier.

Does anybody have any expereance or feedback on it. Any pictures (perferably on a 97-01 model)?

Thanks!

keel5 said:
I am thinking about getting one of these bumpers with the spare tire carrier.
Does anybody have any expereance or feedback on it. Any pictures (perferably on a 97-01 model)?
Thanks!
I have been looking at new bumpers for a little while now. Apparently, Warn's bumper does not fit 97+ XJ's. I sent them an email asking if it could be used anyway, or what needs to be modified to work, but I have not heard back yet. I am hoping that its just not compatible with the bumper endcaps on 97+'s, because I am happy to hack those babies off.

I see in the Quadratec it says "Recommended Finisher End Caps For 97-01 Cherokee Rear Bumpers......$96.95

That makes me think they are talking about bolt on rocker plates.

We have warns on the TJ's and it's a good stout bumper, hit a couple of trees hard with one and the bumper buried itself about 2" in and did not bend.
I have a tomken on my 98 so far so good.. I would have gone with warns on the XJ but whoooomama, at those prices it better come with a guy who hops out of the box and does the install...

I'm going with either ridgidco or JCR off road for the front on the XJ.

RichP said:
I would have gone with warns on the XJ but whoooomama, at those prices it better come with a guy who hops out of the box and does the install...

No kidding. They are *not* cheap.

keel5: you may want to look into Custom 4x4 Fabrication's rear bumpers. They're functionally-similar to the Warn units, and I've heard nothing but good things about them so far. Note that I have nothing to do with C4x4 apart from planning on buying some of their stuff after the New Year.

I don't particularly like the way the tire carrier is designed on the C4x4 bumper. I really like the Warn and am willing to pay the price. I just can't find a picture of one on a 97+ model XJ anywhere.

The Warn just looks so much more sturdy with the carrier mounted on the top then the C4x4 mounted on the face.

I bought the front warn for my 99 and it has been a great bumper. Very heavy but strong. As for the rear bumper I have seen a few on some rigs but don't like the way it fits on the ends. I tried to order one up last week and was going to have MEPCO weld on some corner side protection, but WARN is redesigning the bumper and it will not be ready until next month. Just an FYI Cost: around 580.00 plus

I have the warn rear, and tire carrier. . .I love them. . great approach and departure angles. a bit expensive, but the quality is worth it. strong as hell. . . I rolled back into a tree at 35 plus mph and not much damage at all. . .the steel didnt even scratch, but the tire on tirecarrier took much of the force. I would reccomend them to anyone.
my site has pictures of the the rear

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/555752

i have one on an 01 you just have to angle grind your tailgate corners haha. i was mad but i got over it. especially when you bust your ass and you go to close the gate and it doesnt. haha i like it though

Back