• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

VOTE NOW for November 2010 ROTM

VOTE NOW for November 2010 ROTM

• billyjp2

Votes: 34 14.5%
  • jmaxj

Votes: 46 19.6%
  • XJ_ranger

Votes: 68 28.9%
  • lowrange2

Votes: 59 25.1%
  • mikedashg

Votes: 28 11.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bryan C.

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Poll is open. Time to vote!

Official November 2010 ROTM submission thread. Theme for this month is beater rigs. In addition to the beater theme, the pics must be of your beater rig wheeling on a trail or other type of natural obstacle. No poser pics at all(driver must be in drivers seat), no mall parking lot pics, no rti ramp pics, no loading doc pics, etc. To qualify as a beater your rig must have one or more of the following items: extensive trail damage, broken/missing windows, mismatched color body panels/doors, broken/damaged parts, etc.

Last month we allowed more than 5 rigs to compete. Based on popularity, this may happen again this month.

Same rules as usual, must be a red letter name to qualify. Each entry must post 2 recent good quality pics of your rig and a full spec list. Voting will not start until at least 5 people have entered. Winner will get their pic on the front page of NAXJA and in the upcoming NAXJA calender. Winner will also qualify for the Rig of the Year contest in December.

Thread is open and ready for submissions.

Last edited:
Re: Official November 2010 ROTM submission thread

94 2 Door

6cyl, 5 spd, 241 Rocktrac

F250 D44 front with ballistic hi steer, 4.88 gears and a spool

D60 rear, 4.88s, 35 spline, spool and disk brakes.

36" TSLs

Leaf springs all around.

112.jpg

DSC_0991.jpg

kind of a 91 4 door

4.0 AW4 w/setback RAdesigns rock shifter and rail shifter, 231/300, 44 w/ custom hi steer and chrome moly shafts and a metric ton in the back both stuffed with 4.56 gears and ARB's

front suspension: deaver coils & custom 3 link with froehlich engineering crossmember, rear is currently leafs with 14" travel bilstein 5150's and a hoop behind the seat, but it's in the process of getting a double triangulated 4 link w/air shocks.

35" maxxis creepy's and cheapo steal wheels with Rockstomper DIY beadlocks.

EOR 2 door cage with more bars being added daily :D

plus other crap :D
37344_1286268128631_1587998092_587076_5596873_n.jpg

36200_1387162759436_1243061147_31083744_4430345_n.jpg

Last edited:

To qualify as a beater your rig must have one or more of the following items: extensive trail damage, broken/missing windows, mismatched color body panels/doors, broken/damaged parts, etc.

I hope my junk counts!

Each entry must post 2 recent good quality pics of your rig and a full spec list.
how full of a spec list? does this work?

Specs:

• Links / Airshocks in the front
  • Laminated spring steel in the back with a horible anti-squat traction bar and some shocks
  • Axles front and rear that dont have diff covers and have 1 spline per inch of tire diameter, 5.13's, high pinion front 9", low pinion rear 9", Detroit, spool, alloy axle shafts, 19 lug nuts for the rig.
  • aluminum transfer case with 2 shifters
  • Transmission that only leaks when the rig is upside down
  • 4.0L that wont die
  • winch infront of the passenger seat
  • boatsides that are 16ga steel... and *shocking* dented.
  • Bent cage that didnt line up even when it was brand new, and now its been rolled.... a few times... (might be straighter than when I started)
  • Bent skidplates covering some of the important stuff
  • welded oil pan because it doesnt have a bent skid plate under it
  • Custom ratchet strap hood closure device
  • broken rear ring and pinion, but it only makes noise at ~35mph or more, so I try and drive 34 mph and in front only
  • worn out 35" maxxis creepy crawlers that measure 32" tall on MRW beadlocks. 3 of 4 beadlocks are bent and not 'true' anymore.
  • even the cowl has dents in it, because I cant drive, and do stupid things
  • last trip I broke a leaf spring and ripped the muffler off.
  • it looks like ass.

20f4uvo.jpg

Photo credit to 'Dobber' on NWWheelers. Taken at 'Naches' trails, 7-3-10

15nom8i.jpg

Last edited:

u got my vote! Sierra chapter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"must have one or more of the following items: extensive trail damage, broken/missing windows, mismatched color body panels/doors, broken/damaged parts, etc."

MikeDashG, you need to post in here... I think the only one you might not have is the broken/missing windows...

I Don't have big fancy Rocks to pose on like ya'll do!!!

Specs:

Front Suspension:
Rock Krawler 3 link
Rustys 6" coils

Front Axle:
HP D30 (Got a Waggy 44 almost ready to go in)
Trussed
LockRight
Chromo shafts
WJ knuckles and brakes
Custom 1.5" DOM Crossover steering
Custom trac bar
JKS OAB
Solid Diff cover
Bilstein 5150's

Rear Suspension:
Rusty's 6" Leaf springs
Some random ebay shackles

Rear Axle:
Ford 8.8
Discs
Full carrier Detroit
Chromos

Drive line:
Stock 4.0
Stock Aw4 (Minus 2nd gear)
Stock NP231 (that pops out of 4-low at the worst possible times)
AA SYE
and I've got a woody (drive shaft)

Recovery and Armor:
Shitybilt XRC8 with a winch rope that cost more than the winch.
Shade tree built bumpers front and back with clevis' at all 4 corners.
Shade tree built rock sliders.

Tires and wheels:
Soft 8's (Beadlocks on D-windows for the Waggy 44)
35" BFG M/Ts

Dent's: (To qualify for ROTM :) )
All 4 doors
both rockers
both fenders
hood
cowl
roof
a pillar
b pillar
c pillar
quarters
and theres a chunk missing out of my fiberglass back hatch.

DSC00876.jpg

DSC00887.jpg

SEC!

Last edited:

C'mon people! We had like 9 entries last month! I know there's at least one more Jeep with a ding in the door from the grocery cart that hit it last summer.

Alright, I'll play. I've got the mismatched thing going on. Doors, fenders, and clip are all actually new. So this is the second "body" technically. It looks way straighter then it really is in the pics. Most pics are from the "good side." Other side is pretty wrinkled from Johnson Valley rock rash. Plus I got a list of about 100 things I need to fix. The stearing column is about to fall off, the brakes are plumbed backwards, and I only have 3 brakes at the moment (ripped one on the trail recently). The thing makes all sorts of bad noises, everything leaks, lots of bent broken parts just barely hanging on. Front bumper is a little tweaked, the front clip is hanging on by bungies. No headliner. Bent currie steering. Lots of duct tape, zip ties, and spray paint accents. Currently running old style MTRs up front, Kevlar MTRs in back. Full spec list coming soon! Oh, and I drove it to work this morning.

3061339075_8ac4995c7b_b.jpg

[/URL]

2326430970_914422de3e_o.jpg

Don't have any more recent pics of me on the trail because it's too beat up at the moment :D.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sweet! 5 people! I want rocks like THAT!!! ^

Well, you have the location initials sorta right... you need to move from South Carolina to SoCal...

Those first pix are definitely from Johnson Valley in the high desert, and looks like the lower one/s are probably Bronco Peak, 30 mi east of San Diego.

I want rocks like THAT!!! ^

Goatfest is a week away. Just right around the corner from you. South Carolina, to Johnson Valley CA, 2294 miles 1 day 14 hours. If you start driving now you might make it. :firedevil

JV is 7.5 hours away from me, I'm heading down there in a few days.

im trying to figure out why 2 of these rigs are even considered as a beater? idk about this month...should have just made it an open entry!!

beater= BEAT!!!! nor dented...wtf? dented? i wanna see smashed and crumpled body panels, cheapo parts and wheeled hard..i see that one 2..minus the cheap parts. its whatever though lol... game on!!

Opie i got you bro!! Sierra Chapter!!!!!!

15nom8i.jpg

Dude, I love this thing! I'm going to actually make a trip like that one day before I'm 80yrs old...

Goatfest is a week away. Just right around the corner from you. South Carolina, to Johnson Valley CA, 2294 miles 1 day 14 hours. If you start driving now you might make it. :firedevil

JV is 7.5 hours away from me, I'm heading down there in a few days.

lol, That's a few too many corners for me. I would LOVE to!

Hmmm, tough one this month,...
guess I'll have to go with the "Blond" answer.

I think I like,...
Blue.

Oh, and I drove it to work this morning.

Got ma vote!

This month was pretty difficult, all the rigs are just the way I like em. I consider mine pretty clean, even though the only part of it thats not dented or cracked is the hood.

Mike's got my vote. He drove it to the last M&G too.

Back