• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are you towing with?

This is my current set up. 2006 Commander Limited 5.7 Hemi. Just something cool about a Jeep pulling a Jeep.

35551463812_4f496d784d_c.jpg
[/url]IMG_0993 by Dirk DeYoung, on Flickr[/IMG]

Sure, I'm on you're way. I'm available most Friday, Saturday , and Sundays. And after 3pm the rest of the week.

You sure you don't want to hold out for a crewcab?

I was going to convert it to crew cab....certainly finding one already a crew cab would be easier.

The guy didn't know if he was going to available on Sat or not. has 300K on it and is the ISB 6.7. I'll let you know.

Picked up an 04 Ford F350 Lariat with 174k miles on it this past November. Has the 6.0 and was deleted at 40k miles by the previous owner. So far I've added a weight distribution hitch (came with a gooseneck hitch installed already), Recon projector headlights, SCT X4 Tuner with IDP Tow/Street/Extreme Street tunes, 5" MBRP exhaust (no cat/muffler), XDP coolant filter, Switched over to Rotella T6 and Shell ELC coolant, GlowShift Boost, Fuel Pressure, and EGT gauges, and blue spring mod.

This is my first diesel and first pick up. Tows like a dream. I just set the cruise at 65mph and let it do its thing.

I plan on adding a leveling kit and maybe step up to 33. This summer I will stud it, o-ring the heads, and add an external oil cooler.

D5lBceD.png

I wish I could afford to buy a pickup just for towing & let it sit until I need it. I definitely would not daily it cuz I'm not too crazy about trucks, but it'd be nice to have my own when I need it.

I wish I could afford to buy a pickup just for towing & let it sit until I need it. I definitely would not daily it cuz I'm not too crazy about trucks, but it'd be nice to have my own when I need it.

It doesn’t have to be a truck or a diesel. I tow with a Suburban that is also my wife’s DD.

I couldn't be a home owner without a truck....ugh

80izP6MbLhucgv2MB_-CfCuw43kZ7eukk6-Cv_CF3BvugAYV7lH1uKQTD5Yi1avDCQ3bnXt4K4u-2yjiqV-sCFOOaBob8Ad5rBINVlkPkuxVlDMtNUbuda2CBIUUMTidmfWcN8Wzf9A=w1200

Just picked up this guy last week from another member, it should be a fun project. :)

I know that cabin. Wait, I know that truck, too.

David Bricker / SYR

It doesn’t have to be a truck or a diesel. I tow with a Suburban that is also my wife’s DD.
Yeah, I'm with you. I've towed my XJ to Rauch from Jersey with my 5.9L Durango which I no longer have. I do prefer an SUV but lord I am so tired of hearing that an SUV isn't the "ideal" tow pig.

“Ideal” is in the eye of the beholder and situational. There are times the Sub is ideal for me and times a truck would be ideal.

1997 Suburban 2500 4x4 7.4L, factory 4.10s. Thing pulls like a beast.

nza.jpg

2010 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 tow max package with 6.2, 3.73 gears, factory trailer brakes and towing mirrors.

Back