• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJosh95 - Oh, he's that guy.

XJosh95

NAXJA Forum User
If you haven't guessed, my name is Josh. I am running for re-election to the Board of Directors position of Recorder. First, a little bit about myself and how I got into Jeeps and more specifically, XJs.

I'm 28 years old. My occupational background lends itself to the automotive field, but I am looking to get into something involving firearms and/or private security detail. I am from Indiana and consider myself Hoosier through and through. I now reside in Green Bay, WI and I still root for the Colts. I am a father to a beautiful little 2.5 year old boy, Harrison Jakeb, and I am absolutely infatuated with him.

I got into Jeeps through my best friend, Brad (GoSlowGetStuck) after he bought his first couple Jeeps and took me wheeling with him on my birthday in Jan. 09. Before February was over, I had purchased my own XJ and taken it off-road within 36 hours of receiving title in hand and attended my first WinterFest less than a month later. You can say my addiction began immediately.

I have been, what I consider, very active among the Midwest chapter. I have been on the WinterFest Staph 4 out of the 5 years I have attended; WF Oh-10 WF11, WF12 & WF13. I have attended a handful of our clean-ups at Redbird SRA and gone to multiple other social, MWC based functions. By now, most active people in the MWC know me and I believe I have a rapport with other members that has developed into what I hope will be lifetime friendships.

My life is where it is today because of Jeeps. And I am very proud and happy to be where I am. If it weren't for Jeeps, I never would have met the woman I love (Mega-Megz) and been given the greatest gift God has ever given me, our son.

As a continued member of your Board of Directors, I will do everything that I am capable of to maintain the MWC as the group of like-minded, albeit crazy, people I have come to love. Though, I understand that some changes are necessary, I would make it one of my top priorities in any decision making to not fix what ain't broke.

In my tenure on the BOD, I have implemented the official discussions and votes thread to keep you, the membership, in the know. http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1079426
I also brought the idea of having a sticky thread for any land use threads.

All in all, these aren't big things. Taking into consideration what was done by past recorders and what will be done by future recorders, I have solidified what the duties of the recorder are.

To get it out of the way, I will address the short-comings of my term. In January of this year, Meganne and I came upon very hard times between us. I went off the deep end. I completely dropped the ball on doing any preparation for Winterfest and my fellow BOD members paid the price. For that I apologize. My decision to attend WF13 was very last minute. In effort to make up for my lack of participation, I made every attempt to make myself available to help in any place I could.

This appeared to some that I was trying to take credit for things I didn't do. That was not the case. I was merely making my attempt to make some amends for my failures.

Post Winterfest, I came back to my normal duties with a workload that the BOD set in front of me with great seriousness. They had made it very clear that it was time I put up or shut up. I took the necessary steps to get things in order and performed my duties diligently throughout the year.

I understand where many will view this as unacceptable and will have a very difficult time voting for me and I hold no ill will against one who would believe another candidate would be better, that's politics.

Please, pose questions and I will do my best to field them.

Last edited:
As a recorder, if you could complete one goal for this next term, what would that goal be?

Goals are very hard to set. Much of what comes with the territory is taking things as they come. With the success and quality of the MWC, it's difficult to pinpoint a subject to improve upon.

The biggest issues come from WF. A good goal to set would likely be the same as it is every year. Make the event bigger, better and more streamlined at the registration/tech level.

Do you love sheep?
I know what everyone expects to hear. Well, they have a 50/50 shot at what they expect to hear I guess. So I'll be honest. I have not tried sheep. They've always been to sly for me. I will say that I have had the lamb conglomerate meat at the Greek restaurants in gyros. That stuff is pretty good!
Any ideas floating around in your head that would improve WF?
Dan and I recently had a discussion about what things could help with our registration/tech and ultimately the trail staging stages. I would like to keep those specific ideas between Dan and myself until we have a chance to make more formal discussions within the BOD, but we do have ideas in the work.

Sorry if it's too vague, but I hope I've given you enough.

I appreciate that you are taking responsibility for your misdeeds. That really shows a difference in what your E-persona is at times.

As a continued member of your Board of Directors, I will do everything that I am capable of to maintain the MWC as the group of like-minded, albeit crazy, people I have come to love. Though, I understand that some changes are necessary, I would make it one of my top priorities in any decision making to not fix what ain't broke.

In this quote, you state that you under some changes are necessary. What changes are you referring to?

I appreciate that you are taking responsibility for your misdeeds. That really shows a difference in what your E-persona is at times.
My E-persona isn't all that much different than my real life attitude. There are times that I have to apologize to people for foot-in-mouth siuations face-to-face as well. I'm not too big to apologize. I am quick-witted and sarcastic which sometimes gets me into trouble ;) I'm a dick, but I try not to offend people. It just goes with the territory and I have to be humbled at times. I accept that and I'm not afraid to admit it. I'm not perfect.
In this quote, you state that you under some changes are necessary. What changes are you referring to?

It's more of a statement that change is inevitable.

If change is required for the better management of the chapter, I will be behind it. The remainder would indicate that if change comes up that I feel isn't for the better, I will do my best to protect the interest of the membership and overall health of the chapter.

Last edited:
Shameless bump.

Also shameless to say that I have accomplished more than all previous Recorders combined.

To get it out of the way, I will address the short-comings of my term. In January of this year, Meganne and I came upon very hard times between us. I went off the deep end. I completely dropped the ball on doing any preparation for Winterfest and my fellow BOD members paid the price. For that I apologize. My decision to attend WF13 was very last minute. In effort to make up for my lack of participation, I made every attempt to make myself available to help in any place I could.

Shameless bump.

Also shameless to say that I have accomplished more than all previous Recorders combined.

In a good tasteful debate, don't these two statements somewhat contradict one another?

Shameless bump.

I can't remember who the past recorders are but this seems like kinda a low blow to past MWC BOD.

Well, seeing how you've done so much for the club, can you explain why you've dropped the ball on taking care of the fb page lately?

I can't remember the last time I saw him on Facebook honestly.

Whoa, whoa, whao... Lets's back the truck up a little bit.

First of all, I'm not intending to low blow past BOD in saying that I have done more. Considering past recorders haven't done any recording, it left it wide open for when someone finally did. And I was that guy. I'm not trying to point fingers at any other people, just promote myself.
In a good tasteful debate, don't these two statements somewhat contradict one another?
It's not a contradiction to say that I dropped the ball on something while saying I have done more than others. As I said before, the door was left wide open.
Will you be at wf 14?
WF14 is questionable, but it is something I will do everything in my power to make. In no way am I trying to diminish the responsibility of my position by saying this, but the drive to attend every WF came from my personal enjoyment before it came from my position. I love WF. If I can't make it, its not because I didn't try.
Well, seeing how you've done so much for the club, can you explain why you've dropped the ball on taking care of the fb page lately?

With concerns with the FB page. What is there I need to do? I'm no expert on running a FB page for a group. I'm learning how this is as I go. What am I missing?

Last edited:
How is this his problem? Does he need to start a Twitter account also, so we can all hear about how crappy a day some of you had? Sorry, I have my own chitty days, I don't need to read about yours. Beside so many post the same comment here & on facebook, on the same day. How many times do you people think I really want to look at Flex's BMW or Cheeseman's combine? Rant over.

He was referring to the NAXJA MWC facebook page, not my own.

Well Nick, before jumping in my shit, you should know that the mwc has a fb page and its the responsibility of the recorder to be the head admin of that page. Lately, myself and another have been running that page.

I'm not having a bad day.

Get your facts straight.

Back