• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Rebuild...

Be prepared to find sand in places you never thought possible...for years to come. :D I am still finding black silicate in the freaking rafters of my shop and that was even with a blasting booth constructed. If you can do it outside and not worry about recycling the sand, go that route.

Again, nice work man.

Cheese "D30 for the apocolypse" Man

Be prepared to find sand in places you never thought possible...for years to come. :D I am still finding black silicate in the freaking rafters of my shop and that was even with a blasting booth constructed. If you can do it outside and not worry about recycling the sand, go that route.

Again, nice work man.

Cheese "D30 for the apocolypse" Man

Yeah I was over the media blaster about 2 mins in.... tried to do the knuckles inside in a trash can...awful... said f it on the knuckles and drug the axle outside and blasted it (was also snowing).... but was able to get to the places I couldn’t with the wire wheel....

So now waiting on ball joints, will put those in then probably paint it. I think I’m going to spring for a full case locker with my tax return…. might as well, right?.....
Debating grizzly vs Detroit
And in other news I booked my plane ticket for KOH!!!

heading into the metals lab tomorrow. ill try to get those spacers done during baja.

1509776_592152327505854_196330804_n.jpg

That is quite an axle build. I thing the housing will outlast anything on the Jeep and possibly on earth :worship:

haha, yeah. First is was ah just regrear, then, well start with an unabused axle, then why not a truss....etc... oh well.

I'm not a hardcore wheeler, if I can't make it up something I dont' keep trying untill something breaks, so I'm hoping to keep it alive.

do you still have your tweaked axle?
should do a weight comparison.

Yeah I still got it.. I will see what they weigh....

I am going to see if I can get any deals on a yukon ZIP locker at KOH... if not I will be ordering one after I get back.... Then need to decide on what to do for air.

In other news got a carpet set so I can throw them back in the jeep... figured I would clean them and my seats while I had them all out... worked nice. To cold to work outside!

Going to look like a new jeep on the inside!

Here was the worst before/ after...

Back