• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What states will the proposed Midwest Chapter cover?

I am gonna start a new thread in offtopic about the interest in the heartland chapter.
DIG IT!

Re: My observations, long

Lawn Cher' said:
Perhaps the breakup should be as follows:

GREAT LAKES: OH, IN, MI, IL, WI
UPPER MIDWEST: MN, ND, SD, NE, IA
HEARTLAND: MO, KS, OK, AR
(TN, KY as a potential 4th or included in Heartland?)

Having a greater number of chapters allows NAXJA to better provide a variety of national events with more groups of dedicated locals available to plan outings to many more locations. Personally, being as centrally located in STL as I was in NJ, I would easily travel several hours in any direction to attend.

I agree with Lawn Cher's proposal. Being an Iowan, I would much rather participate in NAXJA events than join a local club and not do half the things that NAXJA members seem to get involved in. See the world and meet new and interesting people!! :rof:

Incidentally, when you hit the "trails," do you have any members that have stock XJ's going through the mud? Do you have certain requirements for equipment on XJ's when off-roading in NAXJA events? I'm not putting a lift in my XJ for a while but I'd like to have the experience so I know what I'm getting into. (I'm not a member of NAXJA yet; I'm still weighing my options as far as joining. Feel free to chime in if you have any suggestions for me.)

Re: My observations, long

BigRedJeepster0381 said:
I agree with Lawn Cher's proposal. Being an Iowan, I would much rather participate in NAXJA events than join a local club and not do half the things that NAXJA members seem to get involved in. See the world and meet new and interesting people!! :rof:

There are both pro's and con's to national and local clubs. Get the best of both.

BigRedJeepster0381 said:
Incidentally, when you hit the "trails," do you have any members that have stock XJ's going through the mud? Do you have certain requirements for equipment on XJ's when off-roading in NAXJA events? I'm not putting a lift in my XJ for a while but I'd like to have the experience so I know what I'm getting into. (I'm not a member of NAXJA yet; I'm still weighing my options as far as joining. Feel free to chime in if you have any suggestions for me.)

Here are the requirements copied right out of the bylaws:

All vehicles must have the following equipment to attend the off road portion NAXJA sponsored Events

Legally required automobile insurance and registration;

Fire extinguisher;

First Aid Kit;

Tow Rope (no metal hooks allowed), Tow Chain, or Winch;

Safety belts;

Spare tire, jack, and lug wrench;

Hooks both front and rear (or suitable attaching point)

CB (HIGHLY recommended, but not mandatory)

Now as for recommendations, (in my opinion) Skid plates and rocker guards. Good tires designed for the terrain you intend to run.

Everything else is optional.

Back