• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What states will the proposed Midwest Chapter cover?

Im in for NE

Sorry I havn't spoken up sooner. I've read the first 3 pages here and skipped the rest. I heard a little rumbling about chapters at Winterfest but didn't even know this forum was here. Put another hand up for WI. I'm willing to help out in whatever capacity I can. I'm an hour north of Milwaukee but would be willing to meet in the Chicago area for non wheeling meeting every so often. Sorry this post doesn't deal with which states go with which chapter but I wanted all to know I am interested and will help however I can (including holding a position on the chapter BOD if needed).

B-loose

RE: TN & KY

Apparently these states are officially included in the SEC, so that's one issue resolved. Now all we gotta do is start getting together!

Lawn Cher' said:
RE: TN & KY

Apparently these states are officially included in the SEC, so that's one issue resolved. Now all we gotta do is start getting together!

IMHO let folks decide where they want to participate if they do at all...

KY, WV folks may be more active in the SE or the Midwest :dunno: same for TN or folks in other "border" states. It's great to set boundaries, but don't let them overrule common sense and keep the intent focused on letting folks participate & have fun.

Oh, by no means did I intend to establish borders to limit participation... that would be completely opposite of the idea of establishing chapters to foster participation and membership growth. I was just providing information to answer a question from earlier in the discussion.

The chapter boundaries, IMHO, don't limit participation; rather they merely establish LOOSE organizational guides for getting more involved in NAXJA on a local level.

woody said:
IMHO let folks decide where they want to participate if they do at all...

KY, WV folks may be more active in the SE or the Midwest :dunno: same for TN or folks in other "border" states. It's great to set boundaries, but don't let them overrule common sense and keep the intent focused on letting folks participate & have fun.

Woody & Lawn Cher ... This is pretty much what we (at Winterfest) decided, so to speak. We really did not decide anything other than we would continue to get together as much as we could and just let the Chapter form from that. We had people from several states there. Many may just want to join a particular group solely because of friendship, not geographic location.

Les

We in the Midwest have collectively decided that we'll let the Chapter idea evolve over time. We're a close nit bunch and really govern ourselves well enough without the organization of a chapter.

On a side note, I'm surprised this board is still here.

i was gonna say the midwest guys sounded like a bunch of great individuals, and i'd definitely road trip to go to some of the gatherings, being as i'm gonna be on the tn/ky border

kris

Have a Midwest Chapter, but smaller contingent's or sub-chapters covering each State for Meet & Greets and such. The "Illinois" sub-chapter, or the "Great Lakes" contingent would cover all states which touch the GL's. Other States would make up the rest.

Better yet would break the chapter. A "Great Lakes" Chapter and a "Midwest Chapter" (Iowa to South and West)

We wouldn't meet that much and the internet is what brought us ALL together in the first place. Why haggle... we are all here for the same thing. Let's leave KY out though... I hear they marry their vehicles down there! :roll: Besides... look at the abbreviation, KY (just bustin' balls)

yea yea, rocket, i know, i've laughed at that a time or two myself.....but i think i'd rather be stationed with 101st rather than 10th mtn.......i'd kill to be stationed at home in lewis or at carson, but the army wont let me:(

Kris

KY is the bastard state...too far south for Midwest, too far north for southern, and the Natives are all related!

Ladywolf, you should fit in just fine with the midwest mob...most of us have wheeled together, and are actually pretty nice people regardless of what you hear :D You will be pretty close to Land Between the Lakes, and the Badlands arent too far either!

well then i guess yr gonna haveta pony up and take me then, huh?;) hopefully when i get back to campbell i'll already have my CJ waitin on me, and the XJ will be almost over from germany on da boat, then i gotta lift it, put some new treads on it, and hack'ntap it, and we'll be good for starter stuff!

When the East and West Coasts finally sink into the their respective oceans due to mother nature's wrath, the Midwest will be the only one!

"When the rapture comes....Can I have your stuff?"

ladywolf said:
well then i guess yr gonna haveta pony up and take me then, huh?;)

Absolutely! Sometime this summer I'm doing a weekend at LBL/ Turkey Bay ORV park and gonna drag the whole fam damily and the Jetski. I'll let y'all know when if anyone wants to come with.

So then i should just give yall a shout when i get back from "OIF Sand fest 2004"? Is there anyone currently running in the Ks/Mo area?

Last edited:
Back