• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

re-did cross member so center section is removable. got it mocked up just have to bore the holes on the tabs out to 9/16 ordered them for 9/16 and they are just a hair smaller. also found out my 220v extention cord wont reach the jeep where it is now so its going to get fun moving it forward but i got it figured out. tomorrow bore the tabes weld them on cut ford 9" spring perches and move them narrower then hop to have it rolling.

well welded braces and crossmember in spring perches. just have steering, drag link, brake lines, shocks, and maybe some trimming on the front bumper. rear ford nine housing is out and on saw horses perches cut and tacked in gotto do one last test fitting be for welding the perches up

tore the spare nine inch apart found out its 28 spline. looks like a mini spool and swaping carriers and gears is whats going to happen. rear houseing is ready to mount just need u bolts. and third member. un decided on the steering.

Finally decided to take my brush guard and bumper off and re-bend my bumper back in place after smashing it a bit from the camp out, lol going to also spray paint the brush guard and spiffy it up a bit. Not that bad as damage butter than I wanted on my front clip lol
ubeveryz.jpg

gu8ysezy.jpg

qu6y2e9u.jpg

Last edited:
Ya once the wiring ordeal at my parents house gets figure out so that I can run my welder without popping breaker fuzes lol the one outlet that runs out to the RV shed is to small to support the amp draw. After the wiring gets swapped out and such in going to be build my bumpers and roof rack.

got my steering setup for now springs are in need to get s10 brake lines and rear shocks and get the third member built. tested the front suspension she will have alot more down travel and little less up travel have to trim the front bumper some.

so far jeep sits at 4.5" lift and the wheel base is now 103"

track width is wider. but at this point i just want it moving again I really cant stand the short bus. the good news is i do have the 30th till the 8th so i hope to finish it might need some help on a test run. maybe a look over for safety also.

im your huckleberry

I spent the day reinstalling the ZJ seat back that was in it when I bought it. Still using the stock XJ seat bottom but have headrests and 60/40 split. A little bracket modification and a few more holes in the body and it works perfectly now, it even latches.

so was on vacation gotthe jeep to roll fluided in diffs front brakes arent wanting to work even after bleeding them rear works good though. found out I need a longer rear driveline it was ejected.

still having brake problem with that thing man? that suxHasta
finally had someone help me when your bleeding it your self you dont get to see the alot. when my brother pumped the brakes brake fluid started coming out of between the master cylinder and the brake booster. so thinking that was the reason I couldnt get the fronts right.

Back