• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

Ghetto fab screen for allow air when I sleep in my jeep. Two pieces of cardboard, screen material, duct tape
yje2emep.jpg

Over the weekend I fixed a lot of the previous owner's shoddy work and installed some nice new parts. Swapped out crappy Rough Country flex joints and track bar for Currie JJ and an IRO double shear. Installed extended bump stops, rig didn't have any stops when I bought it (tires have the scars to prove it). Poly control arm bushings in place of the crusty old rubber ones. Re-mounted the Dirtbound electric fan kit and replaced the fan that was dead from a pulley eating the motor and casing, gained a minimum 3/4 inch of clearance just by mounting properly. Re-wired the fans the right way with relays instead of hard wired through the toggle switch, and routed a bunch of wires better at the same time. Installed LED a-pillar lights.

Next up is new front tires and new fenders if I can find a cheap set, the ones on it have about 80% of the metal cut out in a big square opening with jagged uneven edges, and I screwed some TJ front fenders on it to cover the tires some for the time being.

well in the last two days Ive got my front axles spring perchs made and custom crossmember made got to build a wayto bolt it up to the frame. ordered some pre cut tabs to mount the radius arms. mocked the rear axle under it going to to cut the perches and re weld them. found that one of my rear shocks had been busted off.

you need good frame stiffeners welded in then weld your crossmember to them with a drop out center for removing the trans mounts held by bolts will move

luckly i have a spare third memeber for my ford nine the one with the gears i wanted after further inspection before the tear down to lock it up the case on the inside for the pinon bearing was split all the way through. murphys law at its best. oh well doesnt look like its going to be done on before the ninth going to slow down some on it and do some small stuff for it.

Back