• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

Poured water in to my engine lol now I'm swapping the spark plugs, I've swapped the cap/rotor/wires already just had to do sparks now. I want to wash the engine/engine bay since its dirty from dust and mud but I'm not sure how to go about it, I'm guessing just wrap the electrical parts and pray nothing gets damaged? Lol

Poured water in to my engine lol now I'm swapping the spark plugs, I've swapped the cap/rotor/wires already just had to do sparks now. I want to wash the engine/engine bay since its dirty from dust and mud but I'm not sure how to go about it, I'm guessing just wrap the electrical parts and pray nothing gets damaged? Lol
simple green works wonders btw and do you have any exsposed wires. if not then you should be able to spray it down with out hurting any thing just dont sit there with the water on it of a long time.

Put a new motor in my Jeep! Actually started yesterday with a drive down to Corvallis to pick up the new motor from Curtis. Then back to my buddy's shop in Sherwood. I had to run around and get parts and we started working about 5pm last night. Worked until 630 this morning then got back at it about 1pm. After quite a bit of fighting with parts at 945 tonight I drove it around Sherwood. So much power! Still need to repair or replace my tri-core radiator, have a section of exhaust replaced and a bunch of other minor things but my Jeep will officially be back on the road by this weekend.

GeM3gk6.jpg

gCW5UT0.jpg

9ppOepBl.jpg

Last edited:
I'm going to need new motor mounts, if anybody has any suggestions there.
Long time comin buddy!
Glad to see you're back on the road!
You miss driving that thing?
Brandon (Bmikes) just won a set of Browndog motor mounts.... you might try making him an offer he cant refuse......

Otherwise, you cant go wrong with OEM, hit up RockAuto for a good deal.
If you're completely strapped for funds, you could try your luck with used..... in that case you can get a 10% discount at 205 Auto Salvage....

Ive got some OEM mounts on the way.
Anybody know any options on battery trays? The early model tray looks the same but I'm guessing it isn't? So far I'm getting told to talk to the dealer.

Put a new motor in my Jeep! Actually started yesterday with a drive down to Corvallis to pick up the new motor from Curtis. Then back to my buddy's shop in Sherwood. I had to run around and get parts and we started working about 5pm last night. Worked until 630 this morning then got back at it about 1pm. After quite a bit of fighting with parts at 945 tonight I drove it around Sherwood. So much power! Still need to repair or replace my tri-core radiator, have a section of exhaust replaced and a bunch of other minor things but my Jeep will officially be back on the road by this weekend.

GeM3gk6.jpg

gCW5UT0.jpg

9ppOepBl.jpg

I never did hear if you figured out what happened to the old motor. Also is the replacement another 99?

Replacement is out of a 2000. But it was in a 93 so I ended up switching over a bunch of stuff. Old motor had a broken fist pin.

BTW I drove the Jeep home tonight and will be driving it the rest of the week. Just needs the radiator, motor mounts and battery tray swapped out and it's gtg! party1:

I drove mine today for the first time in over a month.

Everyone's getting there keeps up and running and mine is now dead in the water :-/ oddest thing in the world, one spark plug wire not connected to the 1st cylinder just threw my engine in to not firing anymore :-( hopefully I can figure out what's wrong and hopefully it's not a big money hassle :-/

If that spark plug wire was shorting to ground....would that maybe cause the coil to fry?
Maybe fry the Cam Shaft Position Sensor?
I'm shootin arrows here.....

I never even thought about if that side had touched anything while laying out and me cranking the engine :-/ dear god I hope I didn't fry anything. I know after I swapped the 6th cylinder wire to the 1st cylinder and vice versa it acted like it was firing just a tiny bit. I'm going to go a wild side today and try and start it in neutral, maybe ill get lucky and it'll be just a worn down nss lol

Take a look at the cap and rotor too.... just to continue with the process of elimination.

Took a pic on the other thread, coil might be out???? I don't know, I've never been able to understand electric issues. Did the paper clip test from the coil to the distributor and no spark what's so ever.

Back