• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are you towing with?

Got the truck a month ago and just had the first chance to tow with it, almost 1000 miles roundtrip. Thing is a blast to drive and tows damn good in bone stock setup. I do plan to do some little adjustments to help it run better. I'm keeping an eye open for an exhaust brake setup too.

97 2500 RCLB 4x4 12V CTD NV4500/241DHD 3.55's
Goodies so far - 4" MBRP turbo back, silencer ring MIA, BHAF, triple gauges, tow mirrors

35kritc.jpg

working on this right now, I am almost done with the inside camper modifications and then I will start o the outside paint work
Toterhome002.jpg

Toterhome001.jpg

Got the truck a month ago and just had the first chance to tow with it, almost 1000 miles roundtrip. Thing is a blast to drive and tows damn good in bone stock setup. I do plan to do some little adjustments to help it run better. I'm keeping an eye open for an exhaust brake setup too.

97 2500 RCLB 4x4 12V CTD NV4500/241DHD 3.55's
Goodies so far - 4" MBRP turbo back, silencer ring MIA, BHAF, triple gauges, tow mirrors

35kritc.jpg

Read up over on DTR forum if you're not familiar with tuning a 12V. Go for a fuel plate first, best bang for the buck, or grind yours off for free! If its an auto trans, you'll blow it up around the point you get to 350 hp.

gapy6a9u.jpg

01 F350 4x4 7.3 auto. 171k. Programmer/gauges and have intake, exhaust on the way. 33" toyo open country's. I wish I had an a/t tho. The mt's look good but I want a better ride.

Read up over on DTR forum if you're not familiar with tuning a 12V. Go for a fuel plate first, best bang for the buck, or grind yours off for free! If its an auto trans, you'll blow it up around the point you get to 350 hp.

The plan is to grind mine to around a #10 profile and tune the pre-boost & starwheel to match, probably do the washer in the AFC as well. Its a manaul so its already a 215HP pump so I wont bother doing any grinding on the AFC foot or anything. I wanna get a 4k GSK kit, but only run the 3k springs for now. I want the 60# springs anyways since I plan on an exhuast brake, and I could always go to the 4k springs later.

just got the trailer today. brand new 16' carson car hauler.
tow rig is a 1990 chevy g20 r*pe van. tbi 350, very built 700r4. set up for camping inside. huge stereo, 19" flat screen/dvd, full size futon, fully insulated, aux deep cycle batteries, inverter, solar pannels, etc.
8145836230_7c7cc6277e_b.jpg

just got the trailer today. brand new 16' carson car hauler.
tow rig is a 1990 chevy g20 r*pe van. tbi 350, very built 700r4. set up for camping inside. huge stereo, 19" flat screen/dvd, full size futon, fully insulated, aux deep cycle batteries, inverter, solar pannels, etc.
8145836230_7c7cc6277e_b.jpg
is your van filled with "candy"

candy, ropes, handcuffs, puppies, kittens, clown costume, tripod, camcorder, paper towels.

He said NV4500, which means he only needs to worry about 5th gear falling off.

Downgraded/Upgraded from a 2007 Duramax 1-ton to a 2008 Tahoe LTZ...the power is crappy compared to the diesel but it tows the same and rides better. Brakes are the same and it comes with auto-level rear suspension. I miss my diesel though...:(

Downgraded/Upgraded from a 2007 Duramax 1-ton to a 2008 Tahoe LTZ...the power is crappy compared to the diesel but it tows the same and rides better. Brakes are the same and it comes with auto-level rear suspension. I miss my diesel though...:(

Just the mileage alone is why i couldnt go with a gasser.. I can pull 16mpg with a GCWR of 17,000lbs..

A gasser is lucky to achieve that, Completely empty

Here's mine. The van is 7.3 Diesel I did a Dana 60 front 5 link with coils 8" lift. The motorhome is a Caterpiller 7.3 in line bumped to 300 HP. 37' car trailer or I have a 20' and a 16'.
DSCN0497.jpg
DSCN0498.jpg

Last edited:
Back