• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are you towing with?

that's awesome.
I'm jealous of your rust free cool old trucks.
Hey, it's got rust...there's a real light surface rust on the hood and roof. It's getting to where I might have to bust out the sand paper and get rid of it! ;)

Hey, it's got rust...there's a real light surface rust on the hood and roof. It's getting to where I might have to bust out the sand paper and get rid of it! ;)

where's the flipoff smiley?

:illegalflipoff:

if you see rust in my parts chances are it's a hole :(

xttruck016.jpg

See? Rust! :D

that is known as 'a light patina'

a side question.
Is that extra storage in the bedside?

Yea it is. Small tool box. Dad had a '79 I learned to drive on that had one of those. Man that truck was awsome!

that is awesome.

from the day when if it broke you just fixed it on the side of the road.

That was back before cars were more complex than the goddamned Space Shuttle. :dunno:

97 Ford F-250HD 7.3 turbo diesel auto Ts Performance chip intake down pipe and 4" exhaust.. pulls anything you hook to it with ease! Just upgraded the rear springs and it tows much smoother now.

298151_2374647292474_1439314025_2717426_1073461_n.jpg

DSCN2209.jpg

Went from an 83 J20 w/ rebuilt 360 and worked TF727 with 4.10 gears to a 2002 7.3 liter F350 crew cab. As much as I love my Jeeps, I LOVE my F350! Better to have too much capacity than not enough.......

'02 F350 Crewcab, 7.3L PSD. No issues towing.

Just welded up a hitch extension so I can tow with my cab-over camper.

This may not be the thread to ask this, but anyone have any experience towing with a cab-over camper on a single rear axle truck? I'm mildly concerned about stopping power, even with a brake controller.

attachment.php

This may not be the thread to ask this, but anyone have any experience towing with a cab-over camper on a single rear axle truck? I'm mildly concerned about stopping power, even with a brake controller.

attachment.php

How long of an extension? I had a srw diesel with a 12' camper. I made a 48" extension. (copied a super hitch design) Stopping was fine turning on the other hand very scary. The loaded trailer liked to push the truck into a fish tail slide on all most every turn I made. I then started looking around and noticed I didn't see super hitches on srw trucks just duellys.

Be carefull.

Dave

attachment.php

Your ford will have no problem stopping that.

Back